• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
FB may have profited in gaining the whole world, making billions and deepening our national socio-political divide by building one of history's most effective echo chambers, but it looks as though the cost was its own soul. :dodgy:

That's cute. You think Facebook ever had a soul.
mark-zuckerberg.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Laugh all you like, but the 'book enabled one of my greatest romantic flings to date. A happy collateral side effect from an always-soulless communication web site? Sure, from one point of view. But, what can I say, I like to see the good in things, too. Besides, it makes subsequent criticism all the more pointed.   :p

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
.....I've finally resorted to installing Firefox add-ons to nuke all that stuff.

Sounds like facebook isn't the problem  :p

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quit participating on Facebook.  Work on your Navy memoirs!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're gonna need to provide some context for that one.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a good dinner time post:

I went to get a tooth pulled today. Before they did their thing they asked me if I'd like to take my tooth home with me, I said "SURE"! I mean who wouldn't want their own tooth, right? After much farting around they apparently pulled out the tooth and then proceeded to hand it to me, upon sight of which I immediately changed my mind and threw it back at them, I never expected it would end up being the biggest, grossest tooth ever belched up. Just disgusting.

Fin.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Here's a good dinner time post:

I went to get a tooth pulled today. Before they did their thing they asked me if I'd like to take my tooth home with me, I said "SURE"! I mean who wouldn't want their own tooth, right? After much farting around they apparently pulled out the tooth and then proceeded to hand it to me, upon sight of which I immediately changed my mind and threw it back at them, I never expected it would end up being the biggest, grossest tooth ever belched up. Just disgusting.

Fin.

kingjohnun.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ no, thanks. anything but him.

And I exaggerated with the "throwing" it was more of a nice handing back of the tooth, accompanied by laughter from all parties, but like the Mighty Hercules, I know that a good tale needs exaggeration.

...okay, now I can't get the image of kim jon un having his teeth ripped out and throwing the teeth back... YEP! *satisfied sigh* Good one ssj! :cool:

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rogue, that dude would return the tooth on a missile. :dodgy:

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My Dad's dog looks kinda like him. People say that dogs look like their owners, and I thought it might just be a trick of psychology (like the way we see faces everywhere), until I saw the President of Finland's dog:

ad_236251871.jpg

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
shame on finland's president for getting his dog stoned.

Zamros said:
. . . until I saw the President of Finland's dog:

ad_236251871.jpg

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the look on his face I'm guessing he's mad the dog got into his stuff.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there anything in the so-called Civilized World more mediocre (by design!) than Subway "restaurants"?

SUBWAY-Restaurants-Recognizes-Achievements-Of-Outstanding-Franchisees.jpg

I feel a profound neutrality about absolutely everything in the world,
from Labrador puppies to Slobodan Milošević, just looking at this picture.

Their sandwiches are, at best, a relatively cheap and convenient thing to take on 5-6 hour cross-country flights to fill your stomach if you're in a hurry to get to the airport, know you won't be fed on the plane, and don't want to buy something overpriced at the terminal. I speak from experience - hitting the Subway between my DC office and the Metro station that'd take me to National Airport was once a routine for me, and it kept me from landing back home in a state of miserable hunger.

But. I would rather have packed a burrito from the same establishment. Wouldn't anyone? I have never, ever, walked into a burrito joint and wished it were a Subway, or that it'd serve some second-rate sandwich. But, now whenever I even see a Subway joint, all I can think of is to wonder why the f*** it doesn't serve burritos, which are just as cheap to make and easily twice as tasty. Given the choice, I don't think I'd ever choose a Subway sandwich over a burrito. Not once! Would you?

Therefore, I formally propose that all Subways everywhere forever shift from making sandwiches to burritos, effective this New Year's Day, 2018.

Like if you agree!

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welp, Firefox 57 has arrived/been foisted on users of the program who haven't already upgraded and aren't savvy enough to figure out how to un-upgrade. And I admit, it is pretty damn fast, but it has nuked some cherished add-ons: a separate download window function, double-clicking on tabs to close them, and, worst of all, putting tabs back below the location bar. I was able to find a bit of CSS (whatever that is) code on youtube that allowed me to put the tabs back where they belong, but doing so also moved my frequent bookmark buttons above the location bar:

t3TRPDc.jpg

Obviously, the top-to-bottom order should be: location bar, bookmarks bar, tabs. Here's hoping that now that 57 is everywhere, a fix will soon be found/authored!  :p

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Is there anything in the so-called Civilized World more mediocre (by design!) than Subway "restaurants"?

SUBWAY-Restaurants-Recognizes-Achievements-Of-Outstanding-Franchisees.jpg

I feel a profound neutrality about absolutely everything in the world,
from Labrador puppies to Slobodan Milošević, just looking at this picture.

Their sandwiches are, at best, a relatively cheap and convenient thing to take on 5-6 hour cross-country flights to fill your stomach if you're in a hurry to get to the airport, know you won't be fed on the plane, and don't want to buy something overpriced at the terminal. I speak from experience - hitting the Subway between my DC office and the Metro station that'd take me to National Airport was once a routine for me, and it kept me from landing back home in a state of miserable hunger.

But. I would rather have packed a burrito from the same establishment. Wouldn't anyone? I have never, ever, walked into a burrito joint and wished it were a Subway, or that it'd serve some second-rate sandwich. But, now whenever I even see a Subway joint, all I can think of is to wonder why the f*** it doesn't serve burritos, which are just as cheap to make and easily twice as tasty. Given the choice, I don't think I'd ever choose a Subway sandwich over a burrito. Not once! Would you?

Therefore, I formally propose that all Subways everywhere forever shift from making sandwiches to burritos, effective this New Year's Day, 2018.

Like if you agree!

Gaith is weird.

Like if you agree!

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's about this time of year, advertising gets a bit.. weird....
Not only does it get overtly sentimental, in an attempt to pull money from your wallet by way of your heartstrings.

Sometimes, advertisers loser their minds:

christmas2011.jpg

However you dress it up, Christ starts with Chris.

This holiday season, I hope you all celebrate the people in life that really matter

iu

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Except it didn't work for him...

Top Bottom