• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When your answer to a physics problem is incorrect...

Their+scientific+nerdy+jokes+are+actually+a+lot+funnier+and+much+_ae9e3a17abbd2ca07508e3c3ba6369ca.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Con: I had a rather violent upchucking fit around midday.
Pro: I got to text a friend I "must have eaten something bang out of order."

(Thanks to Dr. Kermode, "bang out of order" is my new favorite phrase.) :cool:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
US Amazon customers: whether Prime or not, if you've never bought an e-"gift card" for your own account, and purchase $100 in such credit today, you'll get an extra $10 credit, which doesn't expire and can be used for anything.  :cool:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plans to remaster 2006's 'Rogue Trooper' for PS4 etc!

One of the best games ever IMO. Looking forward to replaying this with shiny new graphics (not that the original game has aged that much). Wish more games were remastered like movies.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Wish more games were remastered like movies.

However, sometimes you get a remaster that's heavy on DNR and winds up looking worse.  The same holds true for games..

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Scored these today for about 3 dollars all together:

A two sided two part flipper book (not sure the proper terminology):
51Z-hkdszuL.jpg

16915-1.jpg

51Q3FAhC-ML._SX260_.jpg

On account of the illustrations therein:
3%20The%20Sorcerer%27s%20Apprentice.jpg

latest

^ I'll have to hurry up and finish reading Weirdo's from another Planet!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
A two sided two part flipper book (not sure the proper terminology):

So...a book?

(seriously I have no idea what you're referring to)

JEDIT: Never mind Im dummb.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ No, whats it all about?

...it is it a doc about Dark Crystal? I recently tried to watch Dark Crystal again, and again I couldn't get into it :(

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe "seen" was a bad choice of words. It's a three volume graphic novel illustrated by Froud that shows the creation of Thra (the world of The Dark Crystal), the coming of the creatures that would eventually become the Mystics and the Skeksis, and how the Crystal was split.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok. So that's my question of the day answered.

No. I don't look good in garish pink nail polish :rolleyes:

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Any Boxing aficionado's 'round here? I'm working on a comic strip story where a boxer ends up offworld and has galactic adventures, the first introductory chapter has the boxer in a big match and I don't want him to win, I want it to seem like he is going to win but by technicality or bad luck he loses, like he shoulda woulda coulda won but didn't cause BS. What are some scenario's where something like that could happen, or can anybody think of some old classic matches I might watch on the tube for inspiration where something similar happens? It's set in the late 1940s. I could also probably do with a crash course boxing doc, if anybody knows a good one. Thanks!

For a while i thought you were talking about that scifi boxing movie from the 80's called arena

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never seen it, though its now on my radar, thanks!

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah arena is about intergallactic fighting. and in the movie they use a computer controlled balancer to equal out the strengths of the fighters so that the fights are "fair" and equal.obviously someone wants to rig the fights so they try to mess with the equalizer. its worth a watch just because its a classic that often goes under peoples radar and will hopefully give you ideas for your comic strip.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue, if you haven't read it yet the second volume of Farel Dalrymple's Pop Gun War has a plot strand involving a part-cyborg character getting caught up in an alien boxing competition - there's some neat ideas there that might help jog your creativity.

Failing that, you could always have some sort of additional element which introduces a non-boxing option for the TKO (like chessboxing, but maybe weirder or more exhilarating than chess).

As far as an introduction to boxing goes, you could do a lot worse than the recent Jawbone. It's not a documentary but Barry Mcguigan trained the lead actors for the boxing scenes and it spends a lot of time showing how boxers train and prepare for a fight.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
... Speaking of the Bay Area, the Sonoma–Marin Area Rail Transit, which I rode today, is the San Francisco North Bay's first passenger rail system in 59 years (!). It's pricey, infrequent, and doesn't reach nearly far enough South yet, but compared to nothing, it's pretty damn awesome.  :D

San_Rafael_Station.jpg

Trip_to_Santa_Rosa_1.jpg

Trip_to_Santa_Rosa_2.jpg

Santa_Rosa_Station_1.jpg

Santa_Rosa_Station_2.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just burnt three fingers with bean burito innards. It didn't look cooked, but it was. I put the burito's back in the oven though, just to be sure its cooked, not making that mistake again!

Top Bottom