• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is beautiful. I really hope "Join the Conversation" becomes an iconic meme of delicious, refreshing irony. There's an international March for Science in a few weeks... I might have to find myself some cardboard and Pepsi-blue paint. :D

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DSM2337 said:
Walking home from work yesterday (this is in East London), and this was my thought process:

Ooh, look, a film crew.
Why is that person standing in my way between me and the film crew like a lemon?
She looks like she's waiting for something.
Is that Maisie Williams?
"ACTION"
Oh f@&k, hope I'm not in shot!! Run away....

Fun times. And yes, it was her.
As an addendum to this highlight of last year (not really), the film she was making at the time was a Netflix production called iBoy.

Filmed in and around an estate beside Petticoat Lane market (near Liverpool Street station) it is basically a superhero origin story - think Guy Ritchie meets Stan Lee. Set aside the not-so-great title, the film was really good. Well worth checking out.

The scene I saw being filmed involved Maisie's character coming out of the estate for the first time in a while, walking down some steps that actually lead nowhere - the wonders of film making.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any Boxing aficionado's 'round here? I'm working on a comic strip story where a boxer ends up offworld and has galactic adventures, the first introductory chapter has the boxer in a big match and I don't want him to win, I want it to seem like he is going to win but by technicality or bad luck he loses, like he shoulda woulda coulda won but didn't cause BS. What are some scenario's where something like that could happen, or can anybody think of some old classic matches I might watch on the tube for inspiration where something similar happens? It's set in the late 1940s. I could also probably do with a crash course boxing doc, if anybody knows a good one. Thanks!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like boxes, does that count?

maru-box-o.gif

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
6d34745d22367a45b83f4bd72edee373_posted-by-crackles-on-aug-11-cat-saying-no-meme_500-271.jpeg

...why do people drink diet pop, isn't it worse than the regular stuff? Bunch-a fake flavours, chemicles that don't even show up on the periodic table and fake sweeteners to ruin the stomach, barf!

Rolo Telmasi said:
diet-cokecat-600x450.jpg

Shut up, Rogue.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
can anybody think of some old classic matches I might watch on the tube for inspiration where something similar happens? It's set in the late 1940s. I could also probably do with a crash course boxing doc, if anybody knows a good one. Thanks!

i don't know of any old matches.  so i'm probably not helping at all with this, buuuuut......
recently, the Manny Pacquiao / Floyd Mayweather match.
watching it, you would think Pacquiao won, but he's not a boxer and didn't know how to score points.
Mayweather may be a huge d-bag, but he knows exactly what to do to nickel & dime his way to a Win.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Was that from a couple years ago, sounds familiar, the one dude is from the phillipines right? I'll check it out, thanks a bunch! :)

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
^ Was that from a couple years ago, sounds familiar, the one dude is from the phillipines right? I'll check it out, thanks a bunch! :)

all of that is correct.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried watching the Manny vs. Floyd fight, but... UGH! I am reminded of a quote from TMNT: "Go on, move it, will ya! Aw your letting him go right by ya! Can you believe this guy? Ninja kick the damned rabbit, do something!" And that goes for both of them! Like two ancient robots fighting with low batteries.

Now Muhammad Ali Vs. George Chuvalo, that's was an entertaining fight. :cool: Ali keeps doing his wise ass routine and George keeps on moving steadily in for the attack like a tank despite having his face beat in. Didn't like seeing George constantly punching Ali's kidney though, that was brutal, and he kept on doing it the whole fight.

Anyways, writing problem is solved, just needed time to figure it out I guess.  :)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was wondering how the rare mineral Amirite got its name, I did some of my own sophisticated research into the subject, many minutes in the laboratory were spent studying its powers, this is what I have found: Amirite is the name of a rare mineral found in the upper stratosphere, when exposed to the incredible power of the suns solar rays whilst being handled by a scientist at ground level it can cause the Amirite compound to become unstable, it then may bubble over and get onto the scientist's  skin, instantly altering the scientist's  DNA structure causing a mutation that makes the scientist second guess his/her whole existence, the scientist may then starts to wonder if he/she was ever right about anything. That is how it got its name. Science is stupid.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
isn't amirite found only on the greek island helno?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, it's very rare.
Also, I met my first girlfriend on that island. It's also where I learned to duct tape my wallet to my leg.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I planted some radishes in an egg carton with seeding mix on the 6th and they're already sprouting!
tenor.gif

Hopefully they don't all die off like last time I tried to grow 'em.

Top Bottom