• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Screw that, I wanna know what my lucky numbers are.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that's easy: 3

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You are not a very good fortune cookie.  I deserve more numbers than that.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There you go and it's right back to respect and who deserves it. Could the online numerologist, who spat out these numbers just for you, be so wrong? Is what you get, what you deserve?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
drwhowhatsgoingonnope.gif

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Santa should get a stealth sled cause everybody is monitoring his movements right now with that satellite tracking $#!t, how is it supposed to be a surprise? Plus if he got a stealth bomber he could ret-con the bomb deploying unit to drop christmas presents down the chimneys and save a ton of time.
111204-F-JZ163-004.JPG

ChristmasPlane9-480x402.jpg

Get well Carrie

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I think Santa should get a stealth sled cause everybody is monitoring his movements right now with that satellite tracking $#!t, how is it supposed to be a surprise? Plus if he got a stealth bomber he could ret-con the bomb deploying unit to drop christmas presents down the chimneys and save a ton of time.
111204-F-JZ163-004.JPG

ChristmasPlane9-480x402.jpg

Get well Carrie

The greatest minds in the intelligence community have been contemplating the same notion for a long time, Rogue.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't checked the news yet today but I know Trump was all over it, how do I know this? Its like oxygen, I don't need to see it to know it is there.

Rogue's most deep, thoughtful and intellegently composed post ever: COMPLETE. I'll never have to write a intellagent post again,

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watching Live & Let Die, and I thought does James have a wife? Then I thought Nah, he's to busy saving the world, that's why he always has a new interest in every movie, he takes what he can get whilst he can. Then I realized that in this way he's kinda like Jim Kirk... Now I want a star trek 007 crossover something or other, and James and James are both romancing the same dame whilst trying to save the world or thereabouts. If it hasn't been done already, it ought to. I'd throw money at that graphic novel.

...could be a fun writing project too maybe for practice...
mini-lynx-spiral-extra-bright-light-bulb-einstein-small-82289.jpg

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Watching Live & Let Die, and I thought does James have a wife? Then I thought Nah, he's to busy saving the world, that's why he always has a new interest in every movie, he takes what he can get whilst he can. Then I realized that in this way he's kinda like Jim Kirk... Now I want a star trek 007 crossover something or other, and James and James are both romancing the same dame whilst trying to save the world or thereabouts. If it hasn't been done already, it ought to. I'd throw money at that graphic novel.

...could be a fun writing project too maybe for practice...

It just might be edit-able.  Maybe.  The key is the (awful) episode, Assignment: Earth.  The Enterprise goes back in time (which is now very easy to do!) to the 1960s to observe the space race and cold war.  They wind up becoming entangled with a space-faring super spy (or, rather, become passive observers of his backdoor pilot).  The spy's name?  Gary Seven.  Somehow, some way, it just might be conceivable to replace mister seven with 007. 

That said, a Star Trek / Mission: Impossible crossover would be easier and more fun, thanks to...

027ea214615c6da44596b15d7d6f075e.jpg

You could have Spock, Paris, and Paris (from Voyager) and all sorts of craziness.  There was also an episode with Ricardo Montalban, come to think of it.

Oh, and Bond's been married twice.  Once as a cover for a mission, once for real.  You Only Live Twice and On Her Majesty's Secret Service are must-watches.  Though, I'm not fond of the later, myself - but that's a subject for another topic.  I think.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Wouldn't want to edit it, would want to watch it! But... Ricardo Montalban eh??? KHAAAAAN must be the villain, or Khan's great grandfather... or maybe it could start with (the writing project) the genesis explosion from the end of trek II, where the end alters with the explosion making a shatterpoint into an alternate dimension..."genesis doesn't work!" it creates a black hole and the reliant (along with the angered khan) and the enterprise get sucked in, sent back in time to the 60s or 70s or 80s earth (most illogically, so spock just says the whole situation is illogical and then no one will question my poor writing). Reliant crashes into London, he survives and starts a multinational evil empire with James and James hot on his trail.
Was Ricardo Montalban ever a bond villain? I can't recall him in a bond movie, but he fits the bill right?

Excitement levels rising.

Don't hesitate to post more, MG  ;)

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remember, Khan's supposed to be from the 20th century - a dictator who controlled more than a quarter of the world, before being deposed in 1996.  In his MI episode, he's some sort of commandant of a military prison dealing in nuclear weapons or something? That sounds like a reasonable background for what Khan was up to in the 60s. 

Here's another Kevin Bacon-esque connection that might be usable.  Montalban played the villain in The Naked Gun.  The Naked Gun was spun off from Police Squad.  In the movies, Nordberg is played by OJ Simpson.  In the TV series, Norberg is played by Peter Lupus...

Peter_Lupus.jpg

Who was also in MI.

Alas, Montalban never played a Bond villain... however!  His sidekick on Fantasy Island was Scaramanga's henchman in Man With The Golden Gun.  

There's something here.  We have the right pieces, but there's some connective tissue missing.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whoa, so then there could be TWO khans right? headpoof!
Two Khans and two James, hehe. Older Khan conversing with younger khan, alternate perspectives, depth and such. So there's a nuclear element too eh? Maybe the enterprise could fly into a nuclear explosion to get back to the future like the early concept from BTTF?
Not sure what your getting at with Peter Lupus, my head is about to burst, lol.
Short henchman: That's interesting, Khan and Co: Genetically engineered, henchman: short. Khan could be using him and deeming him less than perfect, so he constantly puts him in harms way for his own ends, and short henchman changes sides like mini-me.

I might not be able to post more tonight but want to pick this up wherever we leave it asap.

Your the man MG! Thanks!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
we3d:

4 days without we3d, probably the longest I've gone without in two or three years, but now I'm gonna get wrecked and crawl back into my cave, don't really need it any more, not much difference either way except that without I'm prone to big time crankyness (not from withdrawl, I assure you, its how I am, didn't have rocket scientists to learn from growing up) and I hate being a cranky fucker. But I'll be talking with someone soon who may be able to teach me some strategies on how to not be a cranky fucker, till then I guess.

© NEW ROGUE DICTONARY 2017. EXCERPT.

(better sooner than later, if it ends up in the stores I'll be worse off probably, or not maybe as it might be, don't worry, I'm a professional, comma?)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite youtube channels in no order are:
8bitkeys/8bitguy: I like how the videos are presented, good quality stuff, educational and informative. I hope he will review a yamaha psr-300 or psr-12 that I might learn how to take mine apart and give them a proper cleaning, a regular feature of 8bitkeys.
Mark Crilley: This guy is great, lots of useful art tips to soak up and the videos are just fun to watch. Recently he did an impression of homer simpson in the worst way, quite possibly the most unintentionally funny thing my ears have ever heard.
secureteam10: lots of clickbait nonsense and an overuse of words like "stunning, scary, unusual, freaky" ect. but lots of cool ufo shit to watch too, take the good with the bad. You could write a novel from all the weird stuff posted on that channel.
Ryan O'Rourke: This man can paint! I cannot do what he does, but I love to watch the master at work, he posts 10 minute real time painting videos weekly, don't be fooled by the time limit, each is nothing short of beautiful.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Not sure what your getting at with Peter Lupus, my head is about to burst, lol.

Finally remembered where I was going with that.  You could link Mondalban's scenes with Leslie Nielsen in The Naked Gun to scenes of Police Squad - Nielsen with Lupus - to Lupus's Mission Impossible character.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How DARE the forum decide how many posts I can like in one day! What is this, 1984? ;)
trial.jpg

...and it was on that day, Thursday march 16th 2017, when Rogue realized that the world had ended, that he had liked way too many posts and the vengeful gods decided to put a stop to all of his ceaseless liking of everything before the forum itself imploded...

dog-looking-guilty-5.jpg

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
My favorite youtube channels in no order are:
8bitkeys/8bitguy:

hey awesome, someone else who watches this dude !
the guy has a comforting tone to his voice. he could be delivering complete nonsense bullshtt and he can still sell it because he sounds like a total nerd.

my main takeaways from this videos so far has been how to use hydrogen peroxide to restore your faded old plastics of game or computer housing to their original luster. and his sound fix to a Genesis plug-and-play mini-console (i think it was Genesis, my memory is associating Sonic with the audio fix) and how it is way outside my wheelhouse at this time in my life.

Top Bottom