• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Thanks, hombre. Alack, 3+ of the remaining weeks will be spent on the boat again... ugh... but I did enlist, so I've only myself to blame, right? :p

However, unlike many of my fellow Sailors, I've taken our branch's acronym to heart: NAVY - Never Again Volunteer Yourself. I'll be a free man again by Deadpool! :-D

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
^ Thanks, hombre. Alack, 3+ of the remaining weeks will be spent on the boat again... ugh... but I did enlist, so I've only myself to blame, right? :p

However, unlike many of my fellow Sailors, I've taken our branch's acronym to heart: NAVY - Never Again Volunteer Yourself. I'll be a free man again by Deadpool! :-D

I don't envy you Gaith, but thank you for your service. Please report all birds you see while on ship. :) I've steered clear of pelagic trips because my stomach is weak, but I'd love to see some jaegers, albatrosses, and other offshore goodies.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
When my peeps at work suggest that I re-enlist, and I'm all

quit.jpg

Four months left to go... :p

Congrats, man. Reading this really takes me back to getting out of the Marines. I couldn't wait. Then suddenly it will seem like ages ago and you'll remember everything really fondly.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There seems to be a disturbing trend recently towards Studios (In the UK at least) not even caring enough about physical media to bother telling the consumer what the hell they are getting. This wasn't the only example this week but I picked the Blu-Ray of 'John Wick' off the shelf in a store today and the back cover only said this...

21672420431_ef12acbfde.jpg

...but what special features?!? Why do you create bonus content, if you think it's so worthless that it isn't worth the ink to describe it! :mad:

I've ordered a Dutch Import of 'John Wick' because that actually lists all the features, present & correct on the Amazon listing. The cover and menus might be in a foreign language but at least I know what I'm getting.

Why do the movie studios make it so hard to give them money? :p

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They're too explosive to list, man. :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is it just me or is GTA5 one of the most boring games ever created?

Oh, it's the biggest selling game of all time, has got about 150 awards and general universal acclaim.

Just me then.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Is it just me or is GTA5 one of the most boring games ever created?

Oh, it's the biggest selling game of all time, has got about 150 awards and general universal acclaim.

Just me then.

It's the only one I never even bothered to finish, which is really saying something. Give me Vice City all day and I love the story and missions.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GTA 4 was boring. A massive disappointment. I didn't even bother with 5!
I also have LA Noire - I'm about 10% through after, like, 3 years. The game is just not that exciting.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But if you want a GOOD game - Shadow of Mordor! Wow, that game was good. Best game I've played this year.
Now I'm waiting for Batman to be fixed (and come down in price) - and Rise of the Tomb Raider looks really good.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
But if you want a GOOD game - Shadow of Mordor! Wow, that game was good. Best game I've played this year.
Now I'm waiting for Batman to be fixed (and come down in price) - and Rise of the Tomb Raider looks really good.

I'm always excited about a lot of games - but then don't really ever buy or play most of them. I play the hell out of FIFA, edit and chase after a 10-month old which doesn't leave much. I've made time for Alien: Isolation, Mad Max and Forza in recent years so that's high praise for me. I'll keep an eye out for Shadow of Mordor to be reasonably priced, though; thanks for the tip.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, I'm playing Alien Isolation now. Wow! Atmospheric.
Mordor is like Batman in LOTR universe. It's a lot of fun. I got it in the last sale. Well worth it. The DLC is not a must have, though.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did we really just get four new Halloween fan edits from four different fan editors all in one week?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
Did we really just get four new Halloween fan edits from four different fan editors all in one week?

No it was an elaborate prank just to mess with your head.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The film looks awful but kudos on the classic 80s looking painted poster...

22350425113_227de38e54_o.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A special message from Mr. Elliott Carver:

wax0p.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My mother snapped this pic the other day right outside her old man's house. Isn't the light beautiful? she said. I replied that it looked like a still from/in the style of an artsy horror movie à la It Follows.

horror.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A New Year's Resolution for Western Society:

keep-calm-and-stop-using-this-fucking-poster-6.png

No exceptions. Violators will be fined. This prohibition has no expiration point. Thank you, good night, and may the Giant Spaghetti Monster season us all.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
A New Year's Resolution for Western Society:
**image removed**
No exceptions. Violators will be fined. This prohibition has no expiration point. Thank you, good night, and may the Giant Spaghetti Monster season us all.

you'll have a hard time wrestling it away from The Chive dude-bros.
613776727.png

Top Bottom