• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why couldn't they have made "A Dame To Kill For" in IMAX? It's basically a fully cgi movie so shouldn't that have made it easier/cheaper to do in IMAX? And the theater I go to is only having 3D showings. I hate 3D. 3D has never worked for me so I hate having to pay extra just to see the same thing I could have seen for less with a 2D showing. Sure, I've got enough SCENE points for nearly 3 free movies. And I can redeem them for regular showings, 3D showings, IMAX, IMAX 3D, and UltraAVX showings, but when 3D doesn't work for me I can't help but feel like I'm getting gypped somehow. I like to save my free movies for IMAX showings cause at least then I'm getting something more, but what am I getting with a 3D showing? Screwed, that's what. And not the good kinda screwed either. I suppose I can wait until it gets to the second-run theater at the mall, where it's guaranteed to be a 2D showing, but do I want to wait that long? I've already waited 9 years for it to come out. Can I bare waiting another month or so just so I can see it in 2D for a few bucks?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That does suck that you have no choice but to see a 3D screening. I too hate 3D, but if it were my only option, I'd happily take it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is only the second time I can recall them doing that. The other time being the last Resident Evil movie. I'm glad I waited for that one to get to the second-run theater though. :lol: Still, if a movie is available in 2D why force patrons to see the 3D showing? It's not like they don't have enough screening rooms? The damn place has 16 screens. And some movies get 3 screens. Guardians Of The Galaxy is available to be seen in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D. And Teenage Mutant Ninja is being shown on two screens as well. Two screens for the 3D versions and one for the 2D version. Sure the 2D version only has one showing, which I went to this afternoon, but still, multiple screens for one movie. But seriously. A Dame To Kill For is a highly anticipated movie. Should it not be given the proper treatment and allowed to be shown in more than one format?

If it's okay to include more than one rant in a post I want to complain about the commercials they show before movies. Normally they only show 2-3 commercials max. As much as I hate seeing regular commercials before a movie I can deal with a a minute to a minute and a half of them. But today they took the cake. Over 6 damn minutes of commericals! That's two full commercial breaks on TV in one shot. I was getting really annoyed and was about to pull a Homer Simpson and just get up and shout "Start! The! Movie! Start! The! Movie! Start! The! Movie!" but finally they stopped with the commercials and started the trailers. The start time was listed as 2 PM. That's when they started the commercials. It was 2:06 by the time the last one finished. WTF!?! And then the trailers started, which I enjoy. It was 2:18 by the time the movie actually started.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Why couldn't they have made "A Dame To Kill For" in IMAX? It's basically a fully cgi movie so shouldn't that have made it easier/cheaper to do in IMAX? And the theater I go to is only having 3D showings. I hate 3D. 3D has never worked for me so I hate having to pay extra just to see the same thing I could have seen for less with a 2D showing. Sure, I've got enough SCENE points for nearly 3 free movies. And I can redeem them for regular showings, 3D showings, IMAX, IMAX 3D, and UltraAVX showings, but when 3D doesn't work for me I can't help but feel like I'm getting gypped somehow. I like to save my free movies for IMAX showings cause at least then I'm getting something more, but what am I getting with a 3D showing? Screwed, that's what. And not the good kinda screwed either. I suppose I can wait until it gets to the second-run theater at the mall, where it's guaranteed to be a 2D showing, but do I want to wait that long? I've already waited 9 years for it to come out. Can I bare waiting another month or so just so I can see it in 2D for a few bucks?

Would these be of use to you?

http://www.amazon.com/Hank-Greens-2...TF8&qid=1408490581&sr=8-1&keywords=2d+glasses

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:

Nope. The problem with 3D is that it doesn't work for me. I don't have 20/20 vision, I wear glasses, so unfortunately I've never been able to experience 3D. Maybe if I were able to experience 3D I wouldn't hate it, but all the 3D glasses do for me is stabilize the picture so that I'm left with a 2D experience. And because of that I hate having to pay premium prices for a 3D showing when all I'm getting is a 2D experience.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
If it's okay to include more than one rant in a post I want to complain about the commercials they show before movies. Normally they only show 2-3 commercials max. As much as I hate seeing regular commercials before a movie I can deal with a a minute to a minute and a half of them. But today they took the cake. Over 6 damn minutes of commericals! That's two full commercial breaks on TV in one shot. I was getting really annoyed and was about to pull a Homer Simpson and just get up and shout "Start! The! Movie! Start! The! Movie! Start! The! Movie!" but finally they stopped with the commercials and started the trailers. The start time was listed as 2 PM. That's when they started the commercials. It was 2:06 by the time the last one finished. WTF!?! And then the trailers started, which I enjoy. It was 2:18 by the time the movie actually started.

Just do what I do and turn it into a drinking game. 1 shot for every commercial/trailer/etc. Then it'd be less of a waste of time.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poor sod... Belgian commercial tv splices in FIVE to TEN minutes of commercials in movie broadcasts. Usually two to three times. When I record something, and the runtime says (ex.) 130min, I know I have to deduct at least fifteen minutes from that.

Theaters is the same crap. Five to ten minutes, every single time again. Movie starts at 6h45? Probably closer to 7...

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Poor sod... Belgian commercial tv splices in FIVE to TEN minutes of commercials in movie broadcasts. Usually two to three times. When I record something, and the runtime says (ex.) 130min, I know I have to deduct at least fifteen minutes from that.

That's nothing. Here, including the US, let's say they run a movie on TV and they give it a 120 minute timeslot. With the commercials edited it out you're left with a movie that runs between 86 and 88 minutes. A half hour TV show now comes out to between 20 and 22 minutes, sometimes just under 20 minutes. An hour long TV show now comes out to between 40 and 42 minutes, sometimes just under 40 minutes. So while you may get 15 minutes of commercials for a 130 minute broadcast, we get more than that for just a 60 minute broadcast. But my rant wasn't about commercials on TV, it was about TV commercials being shown prior to a movie at the cinema.

Kal-El said:
Theaters is the same crap. Five to ten minutes, every single time again. Movie starts at 6h45? Probably closer to 7...

Are you talking about TV commercials, or theatrical trailers for upcoming movies? I have no complaints about theatrical trailers being shown, but when it comes to them showing TV commercials that's a whole different story.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Are you talking about TV commercials, or theatrical trailers for upcoming movies? I have no complaints about theatrical trailers being shown, but when it comes to them showing TV commercials that's a whole different story.

A lot worse. First there's at least 5 different slots of advertising, local commercials and stuff, corporate ads, you name it, then a bunch of random (and I mean RANDOM!) trailers for upcoming theatrical releases, and only then the feature film. By then you've lost a good 15 minutes of time. Last wtf moment I had was a trailer for Rambo 4 before a PG greenlit theatrical. Sleep tight kids :lol:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
A lot worse. First there's at least 5 different slots of advertising, local commercials and stuff, corporate ads, you name it, then a bunch of random (and I mean RANDOM!) trailers for upcoming theatrical releases, and only then the feature film. By then you've lost a good 15 minutes of time. Last wtf moment I had was a trailer for Rambo 4 before a PG greenlit theatrical. Sleep tight kids :lol:

Oh yeah? They showed a teaser* for the new Trailer Park Boys movie "Swearnet" yesterday before the screening of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

*Okay, so it was just the three main guys announcing that the movie was going to premiere in Ottawa, where I live, at SilverCity, the theater I was at, on August 29th and that they were going for the record for using the F word. Then Randy jumps out in a superhero/luchadore costume and says something. And yes, it was a one-piece. Probably the first time I've seen him with a shirt on. :lol: But the point is they showed a trailer for what is clearly going to be an R-Rated movie in front of a movie aimed at kids.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is looking more and more like the theater in Fight Club :lol:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The next person who posts a new thread in the correct place gets all the money in my pocket.

There's no money in my pocket.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
The next person who posts a new thread in the correct place gets all the money in my pocket.

There's no money in my pocket.

What has it got in it's pocketses then?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OT392000S.jpg

This kinda just tastes like flat beer. I was hoping for a flavored sparkling water deal, y'know, like how its advertised, where you can actually taste flavor.

Goes nowhere post complete.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't say I didn't like it, actually I am drinking some right now! But it still tastes like flat beer :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
-1 for liking flat beer taste. :p

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't like flat beer taste, gosh your hard to please.

I often chew a curved in chip 7 times cause some dude once said to me it was good luck, and if I accidentally chew it 8 times then I will go ahead and round it off to 11 chews just to hopefully negate the possibly unlucky 8 chews.

Sometimes I will not vacuum my floor for extended periods of time because it seems like it'd be a lot of hard work, and then someone might compliment me on my clean floors and that might piss me off cause my dirty floors aren't good enough.

I like tiypoes.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fixed edited posts. Sorry guys. Sometimes I have removed posts in the past and yesterday cause I feel really stupid, or that no one would want to read my crap, or that I wouldn't want to piss anyone off ect. Anyways I fixed the removed posts so they are readable now. I am sorry.

P.S. Rogue does not support or endorse shitty youtube audio.

Top Bottom