• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently tried Firefox again, due to some issues with Chrome. I was quickly reminded of why I left the last time. Hundreds of useless updates that tend to make Firefox worse than it was in the previous version.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I think you meant in-famous. It's when you're more than famous.

You see, that's the entire point. The word "unfamous" doesn't exist. But it's too obvious to say "infamous" and I like changing around words.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While I already own 'Shogun Assassin' in my lovely 'Complete Lone Wolf & Cub' boxset, I'm seriously tempted to buy the film again in the Danish version. Just for this sweet cover...

51ECbff0wbL.jpg

(^ Love the review quote :D)

...and Jesus, it's a 15-Certificate in Denmark! Those Danish teens must be made of stronger stuff, I believe it was still banned in the UK when I was that age :lol:.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good afternoon; here is a thing that exists:

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
While I already own 'Shogun Assassin' in my lovely 'Complete Lone Wolf & Cub' boxset, I'm seriously tempted to buy the film again in the Danish version. Just for this sweet cover...

51ECbff0wbL.jpg

(^ Love the review quote :D)

...and Jesus, it's a 15-Certificate in Denmark! Those Danish teens must be made of stronger stuff, I believe it was still banned in the UK when I was that age :lol:.

That review quote is amazing. You couldn't get away with that phrase said in something intended for teenagers in the States, let alone on the box!

Hm. I'm pretty sure there's an infamous review of one of the Zatoichi movies that repeatedly refers to the main character as a "tough hombre". Wonder if there's a home video release showcasing that, somewhere.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Not sure if serious.

lolno-stanley-kubrick.jpg

General rule of thumb. If you ask yourself "Is Neg being srs rite now?" go ahead and answer it with "Nah, he's just saying something dumb that he thinks is funny. Ignore."

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
in_life_inspiring_moments_are_everywhere_640_16.jpg

I can't help seeing an asiatic Arnold Schwarzenegger here...!

T-Bone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How and why do YOU watch a fan edit?

- A Random Thought, a jolly Rant and a good slapping of General Nonsense by T-Bone -

Excuse me, but I would like a moment of people's time. It isn't directed at anyone in particular, just something that has been on my mind for a while. Take it or leave it. Cheers.

Now, I am not saying that there is a right and wrong way to watch a fan edit (or anything for that matter), but there are certain things that I PERSONALLY like to make sure are in place before I watch a fan edit.

(Sorry if the following comes off as occasionally sexual....no double entendre intended.)

• Try to look at the experience as if you are paying for it. Yeah, yeah, we know, you are downloading for free and you need to own the source material....I get that. Whoopee Doo. But just because you have downloaded for free doesn't mean you should watch it half arsed. No! Be in the mood to watch the film! You wouldn't go to the cinema and PAY to see a film that you have no real interest in, and then sit in the theater doing random chores, would you? You go, pay to see something you WANT to see and then sit, watch and (hopefully) enjoy! Same should go for a fan edit; watch it because you WANT to! Do your research, read up and pick what interests you and when you DO watch it, really pay attention! Which brings me to my next point.

• Presumably, you are familiar with the original work. That's great....but this ISN'T the original! This is new! There are differences going on here! New things to see and experience! That is the whole point! Yes, some changes are like a sledgehammer to the head, but others will be subtle.....very subtle...but subtle changes can affect the edit just as much as loud ones; slight alterations in a character's motivation, music and small sound effect changes, slight order differences. It is all there and it all matters. Try and pay attention! If you want the original, just watch the damn original!

• There is a big difference between watching a FanFIX and a FanMIX. When watching a FanFix, you probably WANT to have the original in your mind. Chances are you are watching the Fix because you are very much into the original. You're either going to agree or disagree with certain changes made, but at the very least you want to see what another fan's idea of “fixing” is. It is an interesting idea to see how people's differences of opinion on what needed fixing can change the film, for better or worse or for fuck all. Now, a FanMix is a different story, especially when you are dealing with an edit that really messes around with the original(s). I feel that I get the most out of watching them if I try to temporarily rid my brain of any memory of my past experiences with the original(s). I feel that they need to be viewed with a clear mind. If you go in expecting to see just chunks of random films stitched together, you might, and probably will, miss the slight changes. Nuances that will probably take the edit in a startlingly different direction. If you go in with the original sources in mind, thinking “yeah, yeah, seen this, blah blah blah....” then you're going to miss out on a lot and should probably not bother with a FanMix in the first place.

• And in keeping with all of the points made: HAVE FUN, YOU JACKASS!! Sit back! Grab a few beers! Set aside the time to really watch it! Most of the films specify a running time on IFDb, so take that into account! Really dedicate the required time to watch the whole thing. If you have to be somewhere or have other things to do, put the edit to the side and come back to it later when you do have time. RELAX! It'll be much more enjoyable for you, I promise! Otherwise you might come off a little resentful, feeling as if you have simply watched the original, not a fan edit, because you were too busy with your mind somewhere else and have missed certain changes or not understood the story....which makes the whole effort of looking into the edit and downloading it a waste of time. Please, set aside time to watch it and have some fun! Trust me on the few beers thing too.....wine, G&T, jug o' Pimm's, some gritty home brew, a wooden mug of scrumpy, a tin cup of petrol brew.....whatever floats your boat! And I'm not saying get blind drunk here...hell, I guess I'm not saying drink at all! Drink water if you want! I don't care! Whatever is going to add to the fun! Bugger it, throw in a bag of potato chips too! But what I am saying is; really sit down and give yourself to it. Make it a fun time! Enjoy it, you miserable bastard!! FUCKING WOOOO!!! YEAH?!? And if you don't enjoy it, that is OK! At least you'll know you gave it a proper go! Hell, I've watched some real loads of shit (fan edits AND original films) but still had a great time with it! We probably ALL have!

But that's about it. Again, I'm not saying that there is a right and wrong....this is just my approach.

Have fun and don't over think it.

Anyway....rant over....for now.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When a man and a woman have sex and the woman is straddling the man it's called the "Cowgirl" position, but what if two men were having sex? Is it still called the "Cowgirl" position, or do they call it the "Cowboy" position because the guy is "riding"?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Useless observation #fitty too:
Adding gate weave to footage sometimes makes the footage look as though it is playing fast, if the gate weave effect is strong enough.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Useless observation:

So I just had quite the bout of flatulence. And the sounds were nearly identical to the ones when Obi-Wan is sneaking around the Death Star and shifts those levers down to deactivate the tractor beam (or whatever the hell he was doing).

ObiWan-tractorbeam.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
When a man and a woman have sex and the woman is straddling the man it's called the "Cowgirl" position, but what if two men were having sex? Is it still called the "Cowgirl" position, or do they call it the "Cowboy" position because the guy is "riding"?

There's only one way to find out.

Top Bottom