• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=5948]Frantic Canadian[/MENTION] I was expecting Justin Timberlake to show up to celebrate Jimmy's first night on the show, including another History of Rap segment. After all, they are close friends.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MWRK said:
Frantic Canadian I was expecting Justin Timberlake to show up to celebrate Jimmy's first night on the show, including another History of Rap segment. After all, they are close friends.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Justin Timberlake would have been on. He had him as the second guest on his first show when he did Late Night With Jimmy Fallon though. I'm kinda surprised that JT didn't show up as one of the many friends during that 100$ bet bit.

Fun fact: Robert DeNiro, who was the first friend to slap down the 100$ during that bit, was also the first guest on Jimmy's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon show. That makes him the first celebrity to appear on both of Jimmy's late night talk shows.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Guexx I xpoke too xoon. I'll give it a few more monthx then.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=5948]Frantic Canadian[/MENTION] Yeah I too was a little surprised when he didnt show up for that celebrity cameo segment at least. He is scheduled to show up during Jimmy's with Michelle Obama at some point during Jimmy's debut week this week but Jimmy and JT had way more history and chemistry than Jimmy and Will Smith. Or U2 for that matter.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MWRK said:
Frantic Canadian Yeah I too was a little surprised when he didnt show up for that celebrity cameo segment at least. He is scheduled to show up during Jimmy's with Michelle Obama at some point during Jimmy's debut week this week but Jimmy and JT had way more history and chemistry than Jimmy and Will Smith. Or U2 for that matter.

Michelle Obama was on last night's show. JT is scheduled to be on tonight. To be honest though I only watched the first two shows. I was online when the third one started and didn't even realized I had missed it until the next day. :lol: I didn't even bother tuning in last night. His show is pretty much the same as his previous show, only blander. Needless to say I don't think I'll be tuning in anymore. Maybe for the odd guest that grabs my attention, but definitely not on a regular basis.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I just checked out their segments on the Tonight Show YouTube channel. Glad to see History of Rap back, but it wasn't AS good as the previous ones. There was 'Ew' with Michelle Obama and that was quite a bland segment.
Haha well I don't have cable or satellite TV so I don't get to watch his shows anyway. But I hear he's been getting some really good reviews.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't even know they changed it, but it doesn't sound so bad to me.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MWRK said:
Yeah I just checked out their segments on the Tonight Show YouTube channel. Glad to see History of Rap back, but it wasn't AS good as the previous ones. There was 'Ew' with Michelle Obama and that was quite a bland segment.
Haha well I don't have cable or satellite TV so I don't get to watch his shows anyway. But I hear he's been getting some really good reviews.

That's what I hear too, but from the two I've seen I don't know why that is. I only watched his Late Night show for the first 2 or 3 months of its existence so I have no idea what "Ew" is, and I've never seen his other "History Of Rap" bits either. I'm not a fan of rap or hip hop though so I don't really feel like I'm missing out anyways.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Ew' is a segment where Jimmy dresses as the typical US 12-15 year old boy band obsessed, pink wearing girl who always says 'eww'. He does it with a guest, also dressed in similar clothing. Only his first one, with Channing Tatum was funny, but the rest, especially the one with Lindsay Lohan fall flat on the ground.

The History of Rap segments are pretty cool. I loved the previous ones, but this one wasn't that great.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MWRK said:
'Ew' is a segment where Jimmy dresses as the typical US 12-15 year old boy band obsessed, pink wearing girl who always says 'eww'. He does it with a guest, also dressed in similar clothing. Only his first one, with Channing Tatum was funny, but the rest, especially the one with Lindsay Lohan fall flat on the ground.

Sounds like a rather stupid and pointless premise for a sketch.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doesn't that describe the majority of late night television?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well its march but there's still snow out there, guess I should keep the x-mas tree up for now.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Well its march but there's still snow out there, guess I should keep the x-mas tree up for now.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
b571.jpg

If Sprint can't spell "family" correctly, I can't be arsed to call them.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Could they simply have amalgamated the words "friends" and "family" into one word?

Top Bottom