• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Based on the heavy current usage of the character, I thought that he was already in the public domain. Two TV series and a movie franchise -- that's a lot for one character at one time.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So basically it means that all those sex fan-fiction Sherlock Holmes stories can be sold completely legally now... Oh boy....

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Based on the heavy current usage of the character, I thought that he was already in the public domain. Two TV series and a movie franchise -- that's a lot for one character at one time.
I doubt the Doyle estate made/makes much if any money off those franchises, because they were probably living in fear of super well-funded lawyers making exactly this argument at them. So sure, they might get a few checks, but nothing like what you'd need to license a Batman or something.

No, the estate was probably making its most consistent money from lots of small business with modest publishing projects like this one, only now they got called on it and lost a round in court. Good. :p

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picking up this bad mamma jamma tomorrow. So psyched!
closer-look-and-listen-robocop-ed-209-action-figure-with-sound

ed209 10" figure

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=5948]Frantic Canadian[/MENTION] here is your next internet acronym challenge, if you choose to accept it.

What does "YSCOHB" mean?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Google couldn't find anything for that one, but what Dom says sounds good to me. :lol:

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was the first thing that came to mind. All I know is that the B stands for either bitch or bathroom.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
It was the first thing that came to mind. All I know is that the B stands for either bitch or bathroom.

Don't forget the most important B word - Boobies! :D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:

Arrgh, I wanted to make that joke. Curse my metal fingers, I wasn't fast enough.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review example said:
The editing was seemless.

It's "seamless". As in "no traces of pasting shit together (seams) were detected".

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The editing seemed like nothing." ;)

Top Bottom