• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
for shame, FC, for shame. how will you atone?

by fanediting twilight? :-D

No, that is something I will never do. Nothing can save this movie. Twilight was soooooo baaaaaaaaaad. :lol: But I have to be honest, it was so bad it's good. It's like they were trying to make a real vampire movie but wound up making a spoof instead. I couldn't keep a straight face, I had to laugh a few times. Well, more than a few times.

Here's what made me laugh:

- The deep brooding looks Edward gives Bella when they first meet in class.
- How they zoom in and pause on Bella's face as she walks into class. And there just happens to be a working fan behind her to gently blow her hair.
- Jacob's long hair.
- How they've changed why vampires can't be in the sun. It's no longer because they'll turn to ash, it's because they'll sparkle and everyone will know that they're vampires. :lol:
- The vampire trio that is going around feeding. Their acting was sooo bad. :lol:
- The montages set to music. The music was so lame, and it made the montages feel like cheezy music videos.
- Vampires playing baseball!?! Really!?! :lol:
- Bella's one look for every emotion.
- Bella's the new girl in town yet everybody at school automatically gravitates towards her and wants to be her friend.
- How Bella, probably the plainest looking girl in town, has 3 guys after her. Yet Anna Kendrick, which I was both surprised and happy to see, has trouble getting one guy.
- When Edward takes Bella to his place to introduce her to his family he shows her his room. She asks where his bed is and he says that he NEVER sleeps. Yet when she's in the hospital at the end of the movie he's right there in her room, SLEEPING in a chair. :lol:

I'm probably forgetting some things but you get the gist. And I guess since they changed why vampires can't go out in the sun they also had to change another basic rule about vampires: Vampires can't come into your house unless you invite them first. But there Edward is, in Bella's room, staring at her while she sleeps.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks, throw. you spared me the effort/agony of watching the actual mubi.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, the center channel for Blade Runner final cut is surprisingly music free, I mean I haven't listened to the whole thing like this yet but most of it so far is without the Vangelis score.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ash-ear-twitch-o.gif

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My window is open and all I can hear is cheering.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"With the lights out, it's less dangerous"

... Why would that be the case?? I don't get it. :wat:

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ever since Yahoo changed the way their e-mail accounts work I've had nothing but trouble. The new conversation-based system makes it hard to see who the sender is. Sometimes I reply to the wrong person without realizing it or am unsure to whom I have forwarded something – not a good thing when it comes to work-related correspondence. E-mails mysteriously disappear from folders, only to reappear at a later date.

I'm sick of it. I've used Yahoo happily for years and have so much stored in various folders that I'm reluctant to switch to another provider. :x:(

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
Ever since Yahoo changed the way their e-mail accounts work I've had nothing but trouble. The new conversation-based system makes it hard to see who the sender is. Sometimes I reply to the wrong person without realizing it or am unsure to whom I have forwarded something – not a good thing when it comes to work-related correspondence. E-mails mysteriously disappear from folders, only to reappear at a later date.

I'm sick of it. I've used Yahoo happily for years and have so much stored in various folders that I'm reluctant to switch to another provider. :x:(

+1

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:

The only problem I've encountered so far is that it no longer tells you that your e-mail has been sent if you're replying to an e-mail. It just stays on the same screen. Granted, the reply box disappears, but they should either let you know that the e-mail has been sent, like it used to do, or at the very least bring you back to your inbox. I sent the same reply 3 times yesterday because I wasn't sure if it had been sent or not.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The only problem I've encountered so far is that it no longer tells you that your e-mail has been sent if you're replying to an e-mail. It just stays on the same screen. Granted, the reply box disappears, but they should either let you know that the e-mail has been sent, like it used to do, or at the very least bring you back to your inbox. I sent the same reply 3 times yesterday because I wasn't sure if it had been sent or not.

Just wrote somebody an e-mail and instead of telling that it's been sent, like it used to do, it just brings me back to my inbox. Why did they have to mess with the old version of Yahoo! Mail? It was perfect the way it was. :(

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I sent the same reply 3 times yesterday because I wasn't sure if it had been sent or not.

This sounds like a Paranoid Parrot meme.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like some of the changes to yahoo, but its still really buggy. I'd ditch most web mail services completely and stick with gmail, but I use my yahoo account for junk. hotmail is the worst.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I can't stand the new Yahoo! Mail. At first I thought I must have accidentally screwed up the settings somehow. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I really use Gmail the most, but I keep Yahoo! active for payments for things (such as Amazon) where my name might get sold to advertisers.

Also, how am I only learning about the awesomeness that is Paranoid Parrot just now? :)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is the purpose of the 'LOUDNESS' button on older home stereos?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
What is the purpose of the 'LOUDNESS' button on older home stereos?

Generally, I think most acted as a bass boost. Older recordings didn't max the f@#k out of the mix like current music, so it acted as a way to give the music a little more thump. Used on a lot of new recordings it should just sound like complete noise.

Top Bottom