• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I hated that automatic pop-up box and having to close it each time, so...what the Captain said.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
N0m - I was *just* about to post the same thing - lucky I scrolled up. I hated the download window annoying popup. The statusbar is a beaut. You'd like it Frantic!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
N0m - I was *just* about to post the same thing - lucky I scrolled up. I hated the download window annoying popup. The statusbar is a beaut. You'd like it Frantic!

It's good, isn't it :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Switched to Chrome a while back. Happy to leave Firefox behind. I haven't been happy with it since 3.x

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Switched to Chrome a while bag. Happy to leave Firefox behind.

Ditto. I had been using FF for a long time and never had major issues with it. Switched to Chrome because of Mega, holy hell this browser rocks.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually started having a lot of problems with FF. It was crashing a lot, and it seemed like Mozilla was constantly trying to fix all their fuckups; a new version was released seemingly every couple weeks or so. No issues with Chrome so far, and its loads faster.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a fan of the Chrome interace. Too simple.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I'm not a fan of the Chrome interace. Too simple.

there is a pretty decent selection of add-ons now that extend the interface quite a bit. I've now integrated just about everything I used in FF, and the speed is much better (and fewer problems).

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that is the one that isn't fully replicated. I have AdBlock Plus installed, and there are some noscript-like-alternatives.

ghouldetail

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
then they get rid of the Clear Recent History option under the TOOLS tab

don't know if you've resolved this for yourself yet, they moved it...

Tools ..> Options ..> Privacy

If you'd already found it ignore me :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ghouldetail said:
don't know if you've resolved this for yourself yet, they moved it...

Tools ..> Options ..> Privacy

If you'd already found it ignore me :)

Yep, found it there too. It's also the second option under the History tab. ;)

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there a good alternative to Megaupload out there? I'm talking no registration, large file size allowances (300MB or more would be nice), just upload then give someone a link. It seems like every site now requires registration or changes its business model every three days.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Megaupload is gone. Are you talking about Mega? It's the best free file locker option at the moment IMO.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
Is there a good alternative to Megaupload out there? I'm talking no registration, large file size allowances (300MB or more would be nice), just upload then give someone a link. It seems like every site now requires registration or changes its business model every three days.

I don't know about their upload speeds, but 180upload.com and billionuploads.com have great download speeds, especially 180upload.com. You don't have to register to upload and you can upload files up to 2GB's in size. I haven't used either site to upload though so I don't know if the 2GB file size limit is available to free users or just registered users.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, F.C!

Frink: Megaupload is still the standard even though it's dead, so that's why I said alternative, weirdo! ;)

But yeah, I'm looking at Mega right now. I just upped a small PDF file to see how it would work. Looks like I just right-click and get a link. Nice! I decided to register there, actually.

"Your 2048-bit RSA public / private key pair is now being created. To strengthen the key, we have collected entropy from your mouse movements and keystroke timings." Huh? :?

Top Bottom