• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My bloody temporary crown just disintegrated. GGrrrrrrr

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
My bloody temporary crown just disintegrated. GGrrrrrrr

uggg, I feel your pain. just had a small bridge put in, and the temp kept coming loose.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Or should that read: my temporary crown disintegrated. Bloody.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
Or should that read: my temporary crown disintegrated. Bloody.

No blood involved, that's not how temporary crowns work, it did ruin the sandwich I was eating though.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I imagined the crown falling apart and impaling your gum. ouch. And I hope you didn't swallow your crown with your sandwich! Hope the temporary one gets fixed soon with a permanent one - and that that one stays permanent (I've had a permanent one fall off, admittedly after 10 years, but to my mind "permanent" does not equal 10 years!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thankfully that didn't happen, new temp one is going on tomorrow and my proper one should be ready for next week, yay!

I will now officially have 2 gold teeth.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Thankfully that didn't happen, new temp one is going on tomorrow and my proper one should be ready for next week, yay!

I will now officially have 2 gold teeth.

bling, bling, muthafucka

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol, unfortunately NHS gold teeth contain little or no actual gold at all :(

When I inevitably have to get one of my front ones done apparently I will get upgraded to a 'proper' white one. :mad:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is up with Firefox lately? First they get rid of the Download Box, then they get rid of the Clear Recent History option under the TOOLS tab, and now they've added a new feature to the blank tabs where it allows you Undo or Restore All thumbnailed links you've recently deleted, but they don't give you an option to Delete All. That option would be more useful since they don't always show up right away and you could be clicking the little X to close each one for a while. F'ing annoying.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, the download box disappearance was a definite WTF. Fortunately, I found some add-on somewhere that restored it.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
What is up with Firefox lately? First they get rid of the Download Box, then they get rid of the Clear Recent History option under the TOOLS tab, and now they've added a new feature to the blank tabs where it allows you Undo or Restore All thumbnailed links you've recently deleted, but they don't give you an option to Delete All. That option would be more useful since they don't always show up right away and you could be clicking the little X to close each one for a while. F'ing annoying.

*something about a kitten dying*

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Yeah, the download box disappearance was a definite WTF. Fortunately, I found some add-on somewhere that restored it.

At first I thought I had gotten some kinda virus or something so I ran both AVG and MalwareBytes but when they didn't find anything I tried updating Firefox on my desktop, which I hadn't used in a while, and noticed that it was now gone there too. The library box is kinda annoying because you have to manually open it when you start downloading something instead of it popping up itself, and it won't close itself either. And I hate how it doesn't list the completed percentage either. What's the add-on that you found called?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Uh... this, maybe? It doesn't show up in my add-ons manager, so it's most likely an about:config thing. I don't recall precisely. :)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually like the removal of the download box and prefer clicking on that downward-facing arrow in the top-right.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
^ Uh... this, maybe? It doesn't show up in my add-ons manager, so it's most likely an about:config thing. I don't recall precisely. :)

Is that the About Firefox under the Help tab that they're talking about? Because when I click it there's no config button. I'm using FF v21.0 if that changes anything.

Captain Khajiit said:
I actually like the removal of the download box and prefer clicking on that downward-facing arrow in the top-right.

All that downward facing arrow does is open the the Library Box, which is what replaced the Download Box. You still have to close it manually, and it doesn't list the completed download percentage of what you're downloading.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Paste "about:config" into your url bar to access the whatever it all is, then search for the text in question. ;)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
All that downward facing arrow does is open the the Library Box, which is what replaced the Download Box. You still have to close it manually, and it doesn't list the completed download percentage of what you're downloading.

I don't understand because I don't have to close anything manually. I click on the arrow only when I want to. It shows me a download time at a glance, and it's one click to see more information, including what proportion of the file has already been downloaded. I don't see what's not to like. To me, it's a nice improvement.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^Awesome! Just tried it and it works. And to think I was going to keep this complaint to myself. :D

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
I don't understand because I don't have to close anything manually. I click on the arrow only when I want to. It shows me a download time at a glance, and it's one click to see more information, including what proportion of the file has already been downloaded. I don't see what's not to like. To me, it's a nice improvement.

It shows you how much time is left and how much is left to download but not the actual percentage. I like seeing the actual percentage. And I always like having the box open when I'm downloading something so I can see if it freezes, or slows down, or what have you. I don't like having to open it, even if it's just by clicking the downward arrow button. If you start downloading something the pop-up box should be automatic.

Top Bottom