• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
I've gone over to the dark side.

I installed RocketDock

And I like it.

I misread that and thought it said RocketC0ck :lol:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol, no just gone a little bit Mac. Not full Mac though, you should never go full Mac, that would just be stupid. :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poor TMBTM, his WOTS 2 DVD RS traffic is exhausted. ;)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hate it when some so-called professional at a studio, who gets paid to process video, fully field blends the **** out of a film, when I, as an amateur, could have done a better job on my laptop. How hard can it be to do your job properly? If I did my job that badly, I would have been fired long ago.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I traded in some of my Disney Movie Reward points for the official Iron Man 3 teaser poster and it came in the mail today. I didn't know this but it's actually double-sided. I always assumed that when they said a poster was double-sided it meant that the same image was on both sides, which it is. What I wasn't expecting was for the image to be reversed on the second side. I mean it's kinda cool, but if you display it on the reverse side the writing is backwards, so what's the point?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hah! Maybe a printing error? If not then that's just bad buisness IMO.

Why does walmart have the special poster frames way the F away from where the posters are? Not that I care. But I do. Er, eh, carp!

I wish I could print some of my posters. Guess I need some fancy shchxmancy printer tho.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I traded in some of my Disney Movie Reward points for the official Iron Man 3 teaser poster and it came in the mail today. I didn't know this but it's actually double-sided. I always assumed that when they said a poster was double-sided it meant that the same image was on both sides, which it is. What I wasn't expecting was for the image to be reversed on the second side. I mean it's kinda cool, but if you display it on the reverse side the writing is backwards, so what's the point?
I believe double-sided posters are intended for backlit cinema displays, so printing a reversed image on one size would preserve the color while illuminated. ;-)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I don't know about Frantic, but my mind has just been blown.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Random thought of my day. After driving for 2 hours looking for something that wasn't fast food. West Texas sucks balls!!!!

Side note. The movie varsity blues was spot on about west Texas

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
I believe double-sided posters are intended for backlit cinema displays, so printing a reversed image on one size would preserve the color while illuminated. ;-)

Rogue-theX said:
Well I don't know about Frantic, but my mind has just been blown.

mind-blown.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, that's what the ladies say, too. :p

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, Gaith is right. When I worked at a movie theater, all of the posters that we put up were like that. If the back of the poster were plain white, the image wouldn't show up as well through the lighting.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, we had an ice storm last yesterday/last night, cars are covered in ice, big chunks of tree and ice are crashing down, power is flickering, I sure hope they can keep the power going or it's going to get mighty cold in here.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to get my threads approved now??? :-?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Done.

It's for ITW threads only. I don't remember the reason why.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's done to prevent threads like this:

Johnny Don't: hai. I made fanedit of movie not out on DVD yet.

Forum Member: not cool brah.

Johnny Don't: fuck you and fuck your site.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol Johnny, you're such a little scamp.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm in Trinidad right now, and it took me two days to figure out there's only one spot in the hotel that has WiFi. First world problems in the third world.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone able to explain #6 for me? I'm not quite clear what it means, though I think I get the rest of 'em:

• "Rule 1: NEVER make a cut without a positive reason."
  • "Rule 2: When undecided about the exact frame to cut on, cut long rather than short."
  • "Rule 3: Whenever possible cut 'in movement'."
  • "Rule 4: The 'fresh' is preferable to the 'stale'."
  • "Rule 5: All scenes should begin and end with continuing action."
  • "Rule 6: Cut for proper values rather than proper 'matches'."
  • "Rule 7: Substance first—then form."

Top Bottom