• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Can someone explain to me how "Two And A Half Men" managed to last 9 seasons with Charlie Sheen and how "How I Met Your Mother" is still on the air and currently in its 8th season? Both shows suck.

How I met your Mother needs to end, but it was pretty awesome in its heyday.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
How I met your Mother needs to end, but it was pretty awesome in its heyday.

I don't know. I've caught portions of episodes now and then while looking for something to watch while I have dinner and everything I've seen sucked. It's just so bland and humorless.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The real answer is easy. They're both CBS shows.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
The real answer is easy. They're both CBS shows.

CBS has some good shows though. And out of the four major networks they've got the least reality shows, only Survivor and The Amazing Race. That's definitely a plus in my book. They did piss me off though when they moved CSI: Miami from Monday's at 10 to Sunday's at 10, and then kept delaying it because the damn football game was running late. I'm sure they lost a lot of viewers because of that, including me. If it hadn't been for that move, and them constantly delaying the start time, I'm sure CSI: Miami would still be on the air.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, its a shame it got cancelled as I've just got into the series proper. The last episode airs on Sunday for us, so it's getting watched for sure.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which one airs its last episode on Sunday? CSI: Miami, How I Met Your Mother, or 2 1/2 Men?

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Miami. I think it's about 9:15pm our time. I'm going to be out, but I'm going to make sure we record it. It took me a long time to get into it, but I love it now, whereas I liked NY immediately. The missus, however, is the other way around. She hates NY, but loves Miami :twitch:

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
CBS has some good shows though. And out of the four major networks they've got the least reality shows, only Survivor and The Amazing Race. That's definitely a plus in my book. They did piss me off though when they moved CSI: Miami from Monday's at 10 to Sunday's at 10, and then kept delaying it because the damn football game was running late. I'm sure they lost a lot of viewers because of that, including me. If it hadn't been for that move, and them constantly delaying the start time, I'm sure CSI: Miami would still be on the air.

When a show goes from a M-F time slot TO Sunday, it's because the show is already on its way out. Moving it to Sunday wasn't its death knoll, it was life-support or a temporary stay of execution so that they could milk just a tiny bit more advertising dollars out of it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
When a show goes from a M-F time slot TO Sunday, it's because the show is already on its way out. Moving it to Sunday wasn't its death knoll, it was life-support or a temporary stay of execution so that they could milk just a tiny bit more advertising dollars out of it.

They moved it to Sunday nights starting with the 2010-11 tv season, and it lasted another two seasons before being cancelled. They gave Hawaii Five-O, which started during the 2010-11 tv season, its Monday time slot in hopes that it would be as good for Hawaii Five-O as it had been for CSI: Miami. I don't think that the Sunday night time slot is what killed them, I think that too many people got pissed off that it was constantly being delayed week after week because Sunday Night Football ran late that they just gave up on it. I know a lot of people were complaining about it on the show's Facebook page.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sunday Night Football FTW :p

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought some new clothes today. And some swiss cheese.

I think the word Nuit is way better that Night.

There was snow on the ground the other day, but now? not so much. Maybe more will come tomorrow, not sure.

The earth is flat, no lie, don't believe what scientistologiststs tell you, its flat as a pancake and people slide off the edge in alarming numbers ranging between 21 and .05 every century, the world governments tell you the earth is round because they cannot chevy chase the truth of its blatant flatness to the point that they fake trans world flights by using secret teleportation technology hidden inside the passengers bodies without their knowledge. The teleportation technology comes from the not too distant past when people wore their hair long and their jeans tight.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I now really want to throw a "same height" party for everyone I know. :D

enhanced-buzz-8529-1334250979-74.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They make chip dip plates now. I bought one, it was a dollar, at some point in the future I plan to make use of it.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Er... not that they aren't lovely and all, but is there any way for individual users to disable the snowflakes? ;-)

Happy Holidays, Everyone! :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Er... not that they aren't lovely and all, but is there any way for individual users to disable the snowflakes? ;-)

Maybe a compromise is in order? Gaith stops centering pics and videos and I'll ask the Code Monkey about this possibility.

Top Bottom