• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Your post was edited because it offended me.

Fixed.

I accidentally edited your post instead of replied. Oops. Fixed it back.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frink, you are welcome to correct my misspellings any time you want. It wasn't an attack on you. It was a pun.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know it wasn't an attack on me. It was still in poor taste.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
9709756.jpg

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I know it wasn't an attack on me. It was still in poor taste.

Disagree.

I almost didn't write this. What I originally said is utterly unimportant, but it is this reason and the fact that you felt the need to edit it that really irks me. I can appreciate that discussions surrounding WW2 concentration camps are still a sensitive subject for some almost a century later, but I am part Jewish myself, and I am struggling to see any significant antisemitism in a joke about "grammer nazis." I have family that fled to the United States during that time, so the very fact that you would indirectly accuse me (presumably) of anti-jewish sentiment by deleting my joke and accusing me of being in "poor taste" I find to be insulting.

As moderator, please try to have a bit thicker skin so as not to abuse your moderating power.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm fine with the term Grammar Nazi normally, but not in conjunction with Schindler. I have not accused you of anti-Semitism, I suggest it is you who needs thicker skin. I merely chose to err on the side of caution.

This is the wrong place for this discussion. If you would like to discuss my moderation further, please send a PM to an admin.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I may interject for a second. Frink, I find it funny that you find it completely inappropriate for the term "Grammar nazi" to be used in conjunction with a reply to a post about Schindler's List, yet when I asked that this post be deleted because the poster was jokingly suggesting a giallo edit of Schindler's List you not only found it funny but said that you'd be disappointed if Neg deleted it. So how is using the term "Grammar Nazi" in regards to a post about Schindler's List more offensive than somebody making fun of a movie about the holocaust?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Different context. He was making fun of the people who seriously wanted a Grindhouse version.

Look, I'll say it one more time. I made my decision and I stand by it. If you don't like it, PM an Admin.

I will delete any future posts on this topic.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick, back to talking about Star Wars!

yhevupuh.jpg

(well this is awkward)

I have it on good authority that people have kissed and made up. Or at least some have kissed.

I have no idea what's going on in here.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm posting here because its random

But seriously? ITW threads have to be approved even by established faneditors? I get it for normal members but for editors as well? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Not to mention i can't even edit the post while it's in approval limbo. But whatever no biggie just random!

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It's going for the Plutonium Nyborg. ;)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can someone explain to me how "Two And A Half Men" managed to last 9 seasons with Charlie Sheen and how "How I Met Your Mother" is still on the air and currently in its 8th season? Both shows suck.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All I can say is

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Can someone explain to me how "Two And A Half Men" managed to last 9 seasons with Charlie Sheen and how "How I Met Your Mother" is still on the air and currently in its 8th season? Both shows suck.

People are lazy when it comes to comedy. Shows like Arrested Development make them think too hard.

Top Bottom