• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
If caffeine is supposed to keep you up and alert than why is it I can have Coke or an energy drink right before I go to bed and I can drift off to sleep no problem?

FC: uh, range of normal variation in human physiology, perhaps? or a magical creature in your arteries that sucks up all caffeine before it hits your central nervous system?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a more scientific answer than I was expecting from Cracked, but very interesting.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FC, try an experiment in changing metabolism. try your caffeine trick again in 15-20 years.

when i was young and beautiful and in my early 20s, i could consume massive amounts of caffeine and still sleep soundly.

two decades later, i'm still young and beautiful, but an afternoon dose of caffeine will fuck up my sleep.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I was younger I could eat all I wanted and not gain a pound, I never weighed more than 130 lbs. But ever since I turned 30, am currently 33, I can't seem to lose the weight that I gain. And the worst thing is it all goes to my gut. My arms are like straws, and my legs from the knees down are pretty skinny too, but I've got a nice gut going. I guess my metabolism finally gave up. :lol: I miss being able to eat 4 Whoppers or Big Macs in one sitting and not have to worry about putting any weight on. Hell, now I have trouble finishing two Subway footlongs in one sitting. I usually get one and a half finished before I decide to just save the last half for later.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey all right, I'm feeling a little better about myself right now.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
When I was younger I could eat all I wanted and not gain a pound, I never weighed more than 130 lbs. But ever since I turned 30, am currently 33, I can't seem to lose the weight that I gain. And the worst thing is it all goes to my gut. My arms are like straws, and my legs from the knees down are pretty skinny too, but I've got a nice gut going. I guess my metabolism finally gave up. :lol: I miss being able to eat 4 Whoppers or Big Macs in one sitting and not have to worry about putting any weight on. Hell, now I have trouble finishing two Subway footlongs in one sitting. I usually get one and a half finished before I decide to just save the last half for later.

2 subway footlongs in one sitting? Holy shit, you are joking right?

I started putting on some gut chub around 32 as well. It happens... especially with the diet you are describing! It will catch up to you even more in another few years. Make a plan now and get on top of it!

The best metaphor I have ever heard likens weight gain to a black hole. Imagine you are in a space ship and this invisible force is pulling you toward it. The closer you get before you try to get your ass (literally) out of there, the harder it is to escape. So do it sooner rather than later or you risking crossing the event horizon. Its impossible to know you crossed this invisible line until its too late, at which point escape becomes an impossibility. Your body adapts to the weight and calories and resists attempts at reducing either. Quality exercise becomes prohibitively difficult. Then suddenly you are struggling with other co-morbidities. Then you die a decade before your time. http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-18/...s-mortality-risk-body-mass-index?_s=PM:HEALTH

In other words, "Warp 10 Mr. Sulu! Get the hell out of there!"

Have I scared you enough yet?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
2 subway footlongs in one sitting? Holy shit, you are joking right?

Nope. Completely serious. I'm surprised that that's the part of my post that surprises you, and not the 4 Whoppers or Big Macs in one sitting.

geminigod said:
I started putting on some gut chub around 32 as well. It happens... especially with the diet you are describing! It will catch up to you even more in another few years. Make a plan now and get on top of it!

The thing is though I don't really eat like that anymore. I rarely eat fast food anymore. And when I do I just get a combo. Burger, fries, and a drink, unless I go to Burger King on a Wednesday. Wednesdays King Deal is the Whopper and it's only 1.99$ for the burger itself so instead of 4 I'll just get two now. And I limit myself to just one footlong from Subway.

geminigod said:
The best metaphor I have ever heard likens weight gain to a black hole. Imagine you are in a space ship and this invisible force is pulling you toward it. The closer you get before you try to get your ass (literally) out of there, the harder it is to escape. So do it sooner rather than later or you risking crossing the event horizon. Its impossible to know you crossed this invisible line until its too late, at which point escape becomes an impossibility. Your body adapts to the weight and calories and resists attempts at reducing either. Quality exercise becomes prohibitively difficult. Then suddenly you are struggling with other co-morbidities. Then you die a decade before your time. http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-18/...s-mortality-risk-body-mass-index?_s=PM:HEALTH

In other words, "Warp 10 Mr. Sulu! Get the hell out of there!"

Have I scared you enough yet?

I do exercise fairly regularly. I bring my dog for a 45-60 minute walk every day, and I walk to go pretty much everywhere instead of taking the bus. And during the summer I bike a lot as well. Probably need to find something that focuses more on my abdominals though.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fight crime in a cape. kick ass.

that'll burn calories.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Currently 33.

Oh, you wait til you hit your mid 40's and you are wondering what you ever did to deserve man boobs. :(

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
Oh, you wait til you hit your mid 40's and you are wondering what you ever did to deserve man boobs. :(

Mid 40's? :p I'm still in my early 30's. :p

I'm very happy to say though that I do not have man boobs. My weight gain is limited strictly to my gut.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i will borrow neg's voodoo doll of FC and, yea, verily, apply man boobs on it.

the next morning, look in the mirror and feel the D cups. :-D

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Mid 40's? :p I'm still in my early 30's. :p

I'm very happy to say though that I do not have man boobs. My weight gain is limited strictly to my gut.

Now you're just showing off. ;)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
i will borrow neg's voodoo doll of FC and, yea, verily, apply man boobs on it.

the next morning, look in the mirror and feel the D cups. :-D

Can you make them DD's? They're a lot more fun to play with. Plus I could probably titty-fuck myself. :lol:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Hell, now I have trouble finishing two Subway footlongs in one sitting. I usually get one and a half finished before I decide to just save the last half for later.

That's the problem right there; the fact that you think it's fine to eat 2 footlongs in one sitting is where you're going wrong. Those two footlongs would probably last me an entire day and change.

I have a very simple rule when it comes to being too fat.

If I can't see my penis without the aid of a mirror then I stop eating until I can.

It works very well, I'm 36, 10.5 Stone do very little exercise and still look quite good naked.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
That's the problem right there; the fact that you think it's fine to eat 2 footlongs in one sitting is where you're going wrong. Those two footlongs would probably last me an entire day and change.

I'd only eat two because one would leave me hungry.

nOmArch said:
I have a very simple rule when it comes to being too fat.

If I can't see my penis without the aid of a mirror then I stop eating until I can.

I'm happy to say that my gut hasn't gotten that big yet. I have no problem whatsoever seeing the entirety of my penis with my own two eyes.

nOmArch said:
It works very well, I'm 36, 10.5 Stone do very little exercise and still look quite good naked.

We weigh about the same. I'm about 155 lbs, which works out to 11.07 stones.

Top Bottom