• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Vegas Studio 12 does not run on XP.

:(

Pardon me for a second.

L-O-fucking-L

Damn, that sucks man.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I have a lappy with 7, but it's a pretty small screen for editing.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah. Yeah I personally wouldn't edit on a laptop, but that's just Neg.

And I don't know, you just seemed like a Windows Vista/7 guy.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3gmsW.gif

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know what those computer things are called that you use to draw with instead of using a mouse?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Graphics Tablet? I have one they're pretty good.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One thing that's worth knowing is don't bother going for one of the big 12" footprint tablets, they are actually a pain to draw on cos they're so big (you'll understand when you get your hands on one) I went for a 9" one and it's perfect plus they're quite a bit cheaper!

Have a look at this link it's the same model I have (don't buy this one though it's probably broken) had it for about 5 years now and it's till going strong. I think it cost me about £20 BITD and as far as I can tell does everything the more expensive Wacom ones do.

Scrub the 9", they don't measure them in " but 'A' paper sizes. get an A5 one not an A4 one.

You'll also need to piss about with your mouse cursor sensitivity in control panel to get it to feel 'just right' I didn't do it properly for ages and it really made a big difference when I set it up correctly.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They are a total pain to navigate your desktop with though.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is it if I drink juice, soda, beer, energy drinks, I'm fine. If I drink water though I have to piss like a mutha every five minutes.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Less crap, pure water. Passes through quicker.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
neg be raichussly right.

the egghead version: first group of beverages has all sorts of osmolytes—electrolytes, carbohydrates, etc. they're most likely hypertonic to (i.e., more concentrated than) your bodily fluids, which would decrease the osmotic drive to send H2O from the beverage (in your gut) into your body and into your bloodstream. remember, water wants to diffuse across the membrane to the side with the higher concentration of tiny stuff. end result: H2O doesn't get to your kidneys as quickly.

(you do have mechanisms for absorbing electrolytes into your body, which would motivate water to move out of your intestines, which must happen if you are to survive, but if you try hard (or are sick), you can overwhelm the system.)

decent water, on the other hand, should be pretty much osmolyte-free, thereby diffusing across your non-nirvana-lovin' intestines rather quickly, ending up in your bloodstream faster, thereby reaching your kidneys faster. end result: your urine loses its priority seating and emerges the way it does from a peeing statue.

as mentioned above, if you're drinking something very hyperosmolar, something with lots of solutes, you can have water go the other way—from your bloodstream (ultimately, as your water balance changes over hours, from your extravascular tissue, i.e., the rest of you) into your bon-jovi-lovin' intestines. your stool may become soft, even watery. if you're lucky, you'll just reabsorb much of that stool water as your tone-deaf caca transits ever further anusward.

and, oh, the rate of urine production is also affected by diuretics such as caffeine and ethanol. hang on to your depends adult undergarments, kidz.

any fucking questions? :D

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the science lesson ssj. :lol:

Oh, and for the record, I'm not a Bon Jovi fan. I can definitely enjoy his 80's material, but that's about it.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Oh, and for the record, I'm not a Bon Jovi fan. I can definitely enjoy his 80's material, but that's about it.

:thumb:

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
just wanna be sure, you know i'm raising the irony thumb. :)

Top Bottom