• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
*Neg looks at own avatar*

*Neg looks at color of name*

In_the_Court_of_the_Crimson_King.jpg

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Random thought: this is cool

j6ENb.jpg

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trippy. That has to be a doctored image... Does not compute...

badpope

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had to comment about Total Recall. I loved it and I still do. Director Paul Verhoeven who displayed this dystopian capitalist future but with guns and blood! It was the same for Robocop. The story took me away and the best way I can describe it is a Lord of the Rings adventure for a David Cronenberg fan. That is why I am cringing when I go to watch the 'new' Total Recall. Have they changed it beyond all recognition? Will it be a new adventure but just as appealing? Probably not.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stupid damn noisy neighbwhoars! :x

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why do ice cream containers keep getting smaller? First they were 2 liters, then they shrunk down to 1.89 liters, then again to I think 1.6-something liters, and now they're down to 1.5 liters. The damn sizes keep shrinking but the prices keep going up. The only ones I haven't seen shrinking are the Ben & Jerry's and Hagen Daaz ones, but they're only 500ml so I don't really see them getting any smaller, although they'll keep jacking the prices on them anyways.

And whatever happened to the 750ml bottles of soda they used to have? I miss those big tall glass bottles. :(

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Same with bags of chips, 2 3rds of the bag is air, used to be pretty full before, but they "gotta have air to preserve it".

Is 750ml more than two litres? Maybe those bottles were before my time.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
^ Same with bags of chips, 2 3rds of the bag is air, used to be pretty full before, but they "gotta have air to preserve it".

That's why I always feel the bags before I buy them. If I can't feel how high the chips go then I try another bag.

Rogue-theX said:
Is 750ml more than two litres? Maybe those bottles were before my time.

750ml is 3/4's of a liter. Here's an example of the bottles I'm talking about.

RP992-1.jpg

And if you're interested in buying this bottle somebody is selling it on ebay for 40$ US. :shock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RP992-Vtg-C...754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item5ae94c32fa

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
That's why I always feel the bags before I buy them.

images

you knowledgeable consumer, you.

badpope

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Buy 2 bags of crisps or 'potato chips' as you say in the states, and pour them all into 1 bag.. Solved :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
badpope said:
Buy 2 bags of crisps or 'potato chips' as you say in the states, and pour them all into 1 bag.. Solved :)

Yeah, but then you're paying twice the price for what you should be getting in one bag. ;)

badpope said:
add - Most posters here seem to be Canadian. Sorry xD

I think there's only a handful of us really. And why should that be a problem? We're notoriously nice after all. ;)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did anyone else get google to do a barrel roll yet? I thought I broke the internet when it happened to me :-o

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Okay. :lol: I see what you mean. That is pretty cool. Why did you search for that though? :lol:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actually i was going to search: Do androids dream of electric sheep characters, but googles auto search thing where it fills in the words didn't give me a chance, i only got as far as "do a" before it spun around :lol:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's odd. The Google auto search thing only gives me suggestions in a drop down form, it doesn't automatically search for things before I finish typing.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe the defaults are set different for me.

Top Bottom