• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
^
mind-blown.gif
;)

And so, it came to pass, that JetSetWilly's mind had well and truly gone. Not even it knew where it had gone, for it had gotten lost, somewhere outside Hull on the M20 in the services.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This weather is irritating my sinuses
6f2fac61-a65d-40ba-ab95-5fd6d1ae4e65.gif

and ^ that cat is gross :puke:

jtm5118

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes. It seems like everytime I get excited about a FE, it turns out that you have to go through some new means of getting it. Why not have a FE approbed method of A (RS, MF, MS, etc) or B (NDB, torrent, etc)?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the end it is entirely up to the editor how they release their edits. There is no mandate of where or how to upload, because that is not what fanedit.org is about. Fanedit.org is the home of the fanedits as a database and discussion community. We have never said "People can only upload to A, B or C" because that is none of our business when it comes down to it.

There is a lot of discussion about where to upload and what methods work best. But all of those discussions are opinions only based on one's personal experience. .

If an editor wants to upload to Rapidshare, we're not stopping him. If he wants to upload to Mediafire, he can do that.

And audience members have to keep in mind that files uploaded are not permanent. Even with usenet it will never be 100% online 24-7-365. Things happen.

jtm5118

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get that it is entirely up to the editor, I can respect that. It just seems that if you want more people to view your edit, you would make it more easily available.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't disagree with that. I don't think anybody would say you're wrong. But it takes time and bandwith to upload so please have patience.

jtm5118

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mipony plays nice with Captcha. If anyone has been having trouble, besides me, with captcha and jdownloader.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jtm5118 said:
Im not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes. It seems like everytime I get excited about a FE, it turns out that you have to go through some new means of getting it. Why not have a FE approbed method of A (RS, MF, MS, etc) or B (NDB, torrent, etc)?

What's not easy about DLC or Torrent files? Irrespective where the edit is actually hosted all you do is chuck the file into a DDL or Torrent client and away you go.

The bottom line is it's never going to get easier than that, unless the law is changed regarding legality.

Top Bottom