If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.
PSA: The only thing better than a backup, is two backups.
[+] 3 users Like CatBus's post
(01-14-2020, 07:37 PM)CatBus Wrote: PSA: The only thing better than a backup, is two backups.

You should try coke
(01-20-2020, 06:07 PM)Possessed Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 07:37 PM)CatBus Wrote: PSA: The only thing better than a backup, is two backups.

You should try coke

YouknowtwobackupsaregreatbutyouknowwhatwouldbeREALLYAWESOME?Tenbackupsbutarrangedinsortofapentagramexceptthat'sreallyTWOpentagramsofbackupsandeachonecouldholdapetabyteexceptwe'dcallitapentabytegetit?isithotinhereicouldusesomewater.
[+] 2 users Like CatBus's post
(01-20-2020, 06:14 PM)CatBus Wrote:

You should try coke

YouknowtwobackupsaregreatbutyouknowwhatwouldbeREALLYAWESOME?Tenbackupsbutarrangedinsortofapentagramexceptthat'sreallyTWOpentagramsofbackupsandeachonecouldholdapetabyteexceptwe'dcallitapentabytegetit?isithotinhereicouldusesomewater.

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
(01-20-2020, 08:26 PM)Duragizer Wrote:

You should try coke

If El Scorpio was REALLY ready, he'd have been wearing a bulletproof vest AND a parachute.
[+] 2 users Like CatBus's post
(01-21-2020, 12:07 AM)CatBus Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 08:26 PM)Duragizer Wrote:

You should try coke

If El Scorpio was REALLY ready, he'd have been wearing a bulletproof vest AND a parachute.

Facts.
"This cannot be undone!"
[+] 1 user Likes ray's post
Well damn, wish some of these were still around... Tongue

[Image: 721497_v2.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Gaith's post
Alert!  You can now FINALLY turn off the auto-preview feature in Netflix, in your account's playback settings.  It may be a sign of the End Times, but at least now the End Times will be more pleasant because of it.
[+] 5 users Like CatBus's post
Tonight at work—workstudy position at my University’s library, where my current project is to make spreadsheets of the early yearbooks and I sometimes have to do some light research people from said books—I learned about one man’s sad life, so settle in for the story of Rev. Mims Thornbrough “Thorny” Workman.

Thorny was born in Conway, Arkansas in 1895 to Rev. James Workman and Margeret Workman (née Thornbrough). He graduated from Henderson-Brown College (now Henderson State University) where his father was president (and his brother would also become president years later) in 1916.

Now a Methodist minister himself, Rev. Thorny became a professor at Southern Methodist University. He was beloved by students but was a controversial preacher, once accused—though later cleared—of heresy in 1922. Things got worse for Thorny in 1925. On April 5th he gave a talk decrying the “strong-arm, revivalistic” methods of evangelism he was taught (by his father and others). He made no reference to Jesus or the Bible, and his speech had no objection from the congregation. However, SMU president Dr. Charles Selecman heard about this and accused Thorny of denying the divinity of Christ. Despite having not done that and the backing of all his students, Thorny was fired. He taught at other schools including Vanderbilt, and retired to Missouri in 1956.

Thorny died in St. Louis, MO in 1973. In fact, by all accounts he actually died at a funeral home. I’m not sure whether he knew he was dying and was planning his funeral, was attending someone else’s, or through some sad, ironic fate speaking in his capacity as a minister.

Thus was the life of Rev. Mims Thornbrough “Thorny” Workman, a possibly heretical preacher who may actually have fallen over dead while preaching.
“HUMANS OF THE PLANET EARTH
WHILE YOU SLEPT, THE WORLD CHANGED”
[+] 3 users Like suspiciouscoffee's post
Jesus was a heretic in his day, too, so he's in good company.
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
[+] 1 user Likes Duragizer's post