• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Karate Kid (2010)

Casting Jackie Chan was a stroke of genius. This might actually be good. What a godawful soundtrack though.

Wow! that actually looks really good!

Doesn't look as bad as I had expected. Only bad parts I can see so far are the Great Wall of China training sequence (It's China, so obviously they have to put in a monument) and the soundtrack, which makes it seem like a break-dancing competition movie.

I guess it's just me who thinks it looks like shit, huh? Oh well.

I like the 'remake joke' of the fly-catch, but that's about it.

One thing that rings particularly odd to me is the scene where Jackie first saves him. In the original, it's these older guys who are really kicking the shit out of Daniel. He's in real trouble. Then Miyagi comes in, a little old man who looks like he couldn't look after himself...and busts 'em all up.

Here, it's Jackie Chan with a little chin-fuzz. He looks fit and capable, and he beats up a bunch of little kids. It just feels weird.

It's not just you UA. The only good thing about this is that Jackie Chan is in it. I am not a fan of remakes, especially when it's something so fondly remembered from my childhood. They better not remake Goonies next.

maybe its my inner 80's child who grew up idolizing daniel-san - but to me, that looks like complete fucking garbage.

Pat Morita must be spinning in his grave.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Just for the hell of it, a more nostalgic teaser. Nothing fancy, just a quickie job...
[youtubewide:1nlb1m28]

This WILL be the worst film of 2010, bar none. Mark my words.

Ehm - does Jaden Smith look a little too young? Wasn't Daniel-San like a teenager in the original? I'm not sure I could buy a kid that small/young will kick the arse off the big boys.

China...Karate...
China...Karate...
China...Karate...

Does not compute....system failure imminent.

Back
Top Bottom