• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Pandorum

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone checked this out ?

I thought, despite the reviews out there that it was actually pretty good. Some bizarre cross between Aliens/Event Horizon/Predator - I certainly didn't see the ending coming. Ben Foster - I still have in in my head as the jilted dorky boyfriend from Get Over It. Hes transforming quite well to action blokie.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sometimes I love reviews that send you in with very low expectations. I ended up really enjoying this. I see a terrible sequel in it's future though:

[spoiler:1a7p32rz]In order to set up the new civilization the survivors need to go back on the ship to get supplies and whilst wandering around a huge section of the ship that hasn't been flooded, one by one... etc...[/spoiler:1a7p32rz]

Redstar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the very first previews I got the impression (and hoped) that it would have a plot similar to that of the video game D00M. A more faithful adaptation than the movie we did get. As more trailers came out, it seemed less likely. But I'd still like to see it some time.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was very disappointed with the movie. I was hoping for something a little more psychological, with Pandorum being completely in one's head causing the crew members to go mad and kill themselves. When I started to realize that this wasn't the case, the ending was completely clear to see.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved the first 20 minutes. after that it became pretty stale. The "twist" was very predictable and the plot felt too hurried.

I thought the sets and creatures were very good looking but couldnt save the film.

Is it me or did it feel like 30 minutes was cut to speed things up?
the fast-cut editing really got on my nerves and many scene transitions felt out of place and wonky.

Overall I liked it (as I have a big soft one for sci-fi) but hope theres a directors cut out there to flesh out the underlying story more.

6/10

also, this really captured the game "dead space" almost to a tee. but that series has a fantastic backstory/world to draw from where this one felt like a story was stolen, shredded and tacked on.

Top Bottom