• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Samantha Darko

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): TF
tagline: The Countdown Has Begun
original film name: s.Darko
new film name : Samantha Darko
film studio name : Silver Nitrate Films
edit crew name : White43
Date Original Film Was Released : 2009
Date Edit Was Released : 2009
Original Runtime : 98 min
New Runtime : 75 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 23 mins removed, 20 seconds added
Time Taken : On and off 5 months.

Your intention for this fanedit: To streamline the film by removing a subplot that seemingly becomes irrelevent. Remove bad dialogue and somehow get us to like the central protagonist. Make it more subtle in it's overbearing references to Donnie Darko.

2546671.jpg

Cuts removed/added/extended :

- No opening scroll. Let's let Sam develop herself, not tell us.
- Removed start music on desert, replaced with 'Carpathian Ridge' from D. Darko. Makes a better link.
- Completely cut car journey and initial breakdown with Corey and Sam=Music video.
- Resync'd music on Sam seeing Jack and Randy first arriving.
- Corey doesn't 'explain' that Sam is an 'Ice Queen', this gives us the wrong opinion of Sam - because she isn't.
- Removed shots of Sam asleep, taking the feather out of the TV. We cut straight to Dead Sam.
- Iraq Jack does not say "She told me that you'd come."
- Dead Sam doesn't say "That is when the world will end." Gives more gravity to when Jack says it later. (Thanks Elbarto1)
- Removed Sam's bitchy 'getting wasted' comment to Randy on being invited to party. She sounds like a brat.
- Removed Sam saying she'd burn Jack if gas wasn't so expensive. Bitchy.
- Removed Sam saying God's farts smell like 'marshmellow peeps'. Whatever that is. It's just a stupid line.
- Removed Sam seeing the 3000lb feather dropping down after the party.
- Removed Dead Sam nearly getting hit by a van.
- Inserted a small scene from Donnie Darko, it shows why Jack may construct the Rabbit head.
- Removed motel clerk gibbering on about an island with Elvis & Joplin etc. Redundant. (Thanks Captain Khajiit)
- Removed the subplot of Sam dying. Now, it's only Corey who dies.
- Removed Corey's overlong looking back at Sam before she dies. (Thanks Captain Khajiit) I've reworked this scene - it's now a combination of both car crashes, Corey still looks back but not for quite as long. (Thanks to Elbarto1 and Captain Khajiit for this suggestion.)
- Sam mourns Corey, but with a diffferent score, no strange eye visuals.
- Dead Sam doesn't randomly say 'Donnie liked to draw'.
- Added in piece of D. Darko music "Manipulated Living" over cinema scene to make it more sinister.
- Removed backward writing on the cinema.(Thanks Elbarto1)
- Sam doesn't quote from the Philosophy of Time Travel.
- Dead Sam doesn't say "Death comes to us all, here we come."
- Rescored the above two sequences with D. Darko music 'The Tangent Universe'.
- It's now implied that Dead Sam shows Living Sam where the kids are in a dream.
- I removed the entire scene of Jack and Living Sam meeting. It's not necessary, now we remove him being Roberta Sparrow's grandson(well, he still is if you're watching closely!), his dodgy explanation of the mask and Sam goes to where she saw her dead self faster!
- No dodgy CGI cube turned flaming bird flies toward the Earth. We don't look into space either. Quickens the scene up.
- Dead Sam doesn't pass Jack the feather or tell him that "Only you can save the universe." Yea, we get it.
- Changed the end shots of Trudy and Father John. They now show remorse like they should upon exiting the Tangent Universe for their deeds. These are duplicated shots from earlier in the movie....but a gripe of many people is that Trudy and John don't get any punishment or feel any remorse. This is the best I could do with the material available.

I decided not to remove the party scene in the end. I may have been getting a little too rough with the material. It gives Randy and Sam some development time and makes Corey look more stupid, so we don't care if she dies. Also, in removing most of Sam's bitchy lines, we may like her more now.

Thanks to Captain Khajiit/Elbarto1 for taking a look and suggesting a few things....

A SL NTSC DVD version will follow. AVI for now.
Tools used(for AVI) : DVD Decrypter, Womble, AutoGK, Virtualdub
Tools used(for DVD) : Not yet completed.

Maybe available at http://www.fanedit.info / Rapidshare

Congratulations on the release, mate! :) I am pleased you persevered and got this done!

Captain Khajiit said:
Congratulations on the release, mate! :) I am pleased you persevered and got this done!

Yah. This one very nearly didn't get released at all. :|

A DVD release is imminent on this one finally!

Back
Top Bottom