• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

13th Warrior

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes; 13th warrior is not the best movie of at all time, but it is one of my guilty pleasures. Those who share my liking for this film might wish to know that it is available on German blu-ray, courtesy of Amazon.

I have only found it on the German site at present. Its German name is Der 13te Krieger.

So if you're an impatient so-and-so like me...

I would love to see the director's original version, rather than the altered one that was released in theatres, if only out of curiosity about what the film was like before the changes. This blu-ray appears to be the theatrical copy though.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn my impatience! This release has forced subtitles, so I have to choose between watching in German, or watching in English with German subtitles.

I can't believe this. I have imported German and French blu-rays before and not had this problem. It makes no sense. Surely there are plenty of Germans whose English is good enough for them to want to watch an English-language film without the subtitles popping up.

It looks like a good transfer too. :-(

Any German speakers fancy a trade?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haven't seen the movie, but Jerry Goldsmith's "Old Baghdad" is two minutes of screen music bliss:

[youtube:zm2nj5q2]

I wonder if the rest of the soundtrack is as good...

Top Bottom