• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Transformers - Revenge of The Fallen - Gieferg's Cut

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Info for version 1.3 (not yet uploaded)

what kind of fanedit : TF
original film name: Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen
new film name : Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Gieferg's Cut
film studio name : Paramount/Dreamworks
edit crew name : Gieferg
Date Original Film Was Released : 6/24/2009
Date Edit Was Released : 10/09
Original Runtime : 150 minutes
New Runtime : 128 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 23 minutes cut / 90 seconds added
Cuts removed/added/extended :

- Twins completely removed from Shanghai*
- dialogue between Sam and his parents at the beginning trimmed
- kitchen-bots trimmed
- dogs removed
- some of Sam's mom scenes deleted
- garage scene replaced with alternate version
- crying Bumblebee deleted
- trimmed some shots during arriving to Diego Garcia*
- one shot of Optimus in truck form added*
- Twins upgrading removed*
- Epps alternate line after Optimus transforms added
- Leo's pals trimmed
- cut all Sam's parents scenes at the college
- added Sam, Leo & Alice scene at the dorm*
- cut Sam, Leo & friends going to the party (not the party itself)
- cut entire scene with Sam & Alice in Bumblebee
- trimmed Wheelie trying to get the shard (no mouse trap, less talking)
- Sam is freaking out in his room a little less
- cut Leo's reaction on Sam in his room
- most of the dialogue between Sam and Mikaela during escape deleted
- cut Leo's "So hot" line
- Sam's parents & the mime deleted
- twins removed from Sam & Leo discussion scene
- cut part of Decepticons arrival
- part of Simmons dialogue in meat shop removed
- "don' tell my mother" removed
- some of Wheelie's lines removed
- Simmons ass and dialogue before going to museum deleted
- cut entire Leo's toilet scene
- removed Leo line "I'm not going anywhere" when Simmons paralyzing the guard
- humping wheelie removed
- cut part of Jetfire dialogue and parachute scene
- cut the scene in which Mikaela lies on Leo
- added "Leo refuses..." deleted scene*
- deleted police chase*
- deleted hiding from the police*
- trimmed phone call scene*
- deleted checkpoint scene (now Soundwave locates Sam after Simmons phone call)*
- trimmed Epps, Lennox, headquarters talking*
- Leo & Simmons sleeping removed
- Galloway plane and Egypt scenes removed
- Leo's panic in the car removed
- paralyzing Leo removed
- cut part of dialogue between Leo and Simmons where paralyzing was mentioned
- part of Headquarters talking deleted
- deleted some military equipment footage during battle
- removed "enemy scrotum"
- removed "Transformers heaven"
- and some minor cuts here and there

and especially for G1 fans:
- added Stan Bush - The Touch as soundtrack in final battle
- Linkin Park end title song replaced with Stan Bush - Till all are one
- added G1 transformation sounds here and there (find them by yourself ;)) *
- changed Soundwave voice in G1 fashion *

* only in version 1.3 (DVD release)

Your intention for this fanedit:

To cut out as much as possible of stupidity which ruins this movie (especially scenes involving Sam's parents, Leo and Autobot twins), and other useless stuff which does not serve any real purpose to create faster and more serious cut of the movie. I've also decided to put in some sounds and music from original cartoon in order to give this edit more G1 feel.

Your way to achieve your intention:
Cut something about 40 scenes, and parts of scenes, which are not necessary for the plot.

Hardware and software information :

Womble Mpeg Video Editor
BeLight
Audacity
VirtualDub Mod
DVD Rebuilder

Time needed for the edition: Approximately 40 hours

Release info:

version 1.2 - avi file
version 1.3 - Single Layer NTSC DVD

persons involved: myself

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
next time, read before posting. Back to IN THE WORKS, until made available according to our rules.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've read your rules, probably I've not understand correctly.
Unfortunately I will not upload it on any file hosting site because I dont have time to do that, and NOT because of "just because" or "I dont give a s*** about your rules". Plain and simple.

If someone is interested in this fanedit, he can let me know and get it. Even if it is in IN-THE-WORKS (which does not bother me at all), it has been completed. Same thing with the rest of my fanedits which were not released as they were too similar to those already made by others, or just because nobody seems to be interested.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well - why don't you do what the rest of us do? Send the DVD to your nearest FE rep and politely ask them to upload it to RS for you?

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Because if somebody wants it, he is able to get it anyway. If he wills to download it only if I either upload it or send it to someone who will do it - it simply means that this person does not need it very much. So, if somebody doesn't really need it, why should I want him to see it?

If this is the case I recommend just to wait for Reave's "Resparked" edit, which, I suppose is going to be similar in some way, I'm sure he will put it on rapidshare and you will be able to get it this way :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gieferg said:
Because if somebody wants it, he is able to get it anyway. If he wills to download it only if I either upload it or send it to someone who will do it - it simply means that this person does not need it very much. So, if somebody doesn't really need it, why should I want him to see it?
:?
I don't know what that was supposed to mean. It just makes me even more thankful for all of you here who do either upload to RS or send to someone else who will do it.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gieferg said:

If this is the case I recommend just to wait for Reave's "Resparked" edit, which, I suppose is going to be similar in some way, I'm sure he will put it on rapidshare and you will be able to get it this way :)
So in other words:

1. There's no proof that this edit actually exists or has been completed.

2. If you want people to wait for & watch Reave's future RotF edit, than you're saying thatr your edit serves no purpose whatsoever.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gieferg said:
I've read your rules, probably I've not understand correctly.
Unfortunately I will not upload it on any file hosting site because I dont have time to do that, and NOT because of "just because" or "I dont give a s*** about your rules". Plain and simple.

How is it that you have the time to watch a truly bad movie, hopefully many times over, consider what cuts you'd like to make, spend time cutting it, watching your edit, re-watching it, fixing it, rescoring parts, authoring an xvid, writing an in-depth post detailing the aspects of your edit and creating and seeding a torrent, but no time for a couple of mouse clicks to upload to a file hosing service?

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My edit is for people interested in it. Somebody who refuse to use torrent (the way which I choose for its release) apparently is not interested, so i couldn't care less if he see it or not.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My edit is for people interested in it. Somebody who refuse to use torrent (the way which I choose for its release) apparently is not interested, so i couldn't care less if he see it or not.

it might not be the interest, but i remember downloading prison break the movie part 3 via torrents and it took wayyy to long since there are to few people to effectively seed.

rapidshare is the better way for spreading a fanedit

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Without premium account uploading it on RS makes no sense whatsoever.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gieferg said:
That's ridiculous. Because I don't want to use a distribution method that is going the way of the dinosaur, that means I'm not interested? You only care if people see it if they use a torrent? Why? What does it matter how people obtain this? Why are you so opposed to someone else posting it on RS? I'm baffled by your attitude. Interest in a fanedit and interest in using torrents are not the same thing.
Gieferg said:
And one more thing - I suppose somewhere on this boards we can find better place for this kind of discussion. Fanedit is completed, and anyone who wants it can send me PM to get the torrent.
Until the mods tell us this is the wrong place for this discussion (and they very well might), I think we're well within our rights to question your statements.
Gieferg said:
If you're not interested in it - I don't see any reasons you should post in this thread.
I see a perfectly good reason to post here even though I'm not "interested." To call you out on your stubborn attitude.
Gieferg said:
I'm not going to reply here anymore to any post not related directly to the fanedit itself. Maybe someday there will be RS release for Xvid version, but DVD - almost no chance. Hope that situation is clear enough.
How is "maybe" and "almost no chance" clear?
Gieferg said:
So why not send it to someone else who does have a premium account?

I don't even know what to say anymore. I hope the 5 people who see this enjoy it.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gieferg said:

I don't a have a premuim account and I upload everything to RS. Just create a collector's account and upload with rapiduploader. A few clicks, leave it for a while and it's done.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Gieferg said:
I don't a have a premuim account and I upload everything to RS. Just create a collector's account and upload with rapiduploader. A few clicks, leave it for a while and it's done.
Items in collector's accounts get deleted after a while, I believe a few months after the last download. Of course, as long as someone downloads again before the time limit is up, the clock starts over. But still, fanedits should be uploaded to a premium account so that they can be available for a very long time.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Adabisi said:
Gieferg said:
Items in collector's accounts get deleted after a while, I believe a few months after the last download. Of course, as long as someone downloads again before the time limit is up, the clock starts over. But still, fanedits should be uploaded to a premium account.

I believe that's true of any kind of account. I think Adabisi is correct that a collector's account is sufficient, my friend. :)

EDIT: I can understand Gieferg's desire to have a torrent available, but I don't understand his unwillingness to take steps to have somebody else help him make this edit available on RS. I don't like torrents, as they are slower and IMO less secure than RS or MU, and I refuse to download anything from a torrent nowadays. This does not signal my lack of interest in the edit.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really? I could swear that wasn't the case. I seem to remember having this discussion previously. Maybe the time limit is much longer on a Premium Account?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
please check, stomachworm, if you uploaded all these to a free account and if they are still online, move them instantly to a collector's account or each of them will cease after 10 downloads.
This is what I was thinking of. My bad.

CasmirRadon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was going to comment about Gieferg's oddly stubborn attitude on releasing his edit. But I think Adabisi really summarized my thoughts best on how strange it is to put so much work into a hobby that ultimately never gets as many viewers as we editors might fantasize about, and then not put a little extra effort into releasing it fully.

Still I wanted to make a quick comment about this:
TV's Frink said:
I hope the 5 people who see this enjoy it.
Of course I upload my own edits to RapidShare, and have even re-uploaded the DVD for my 24 edit a total of 3 times, as I discovered newer and better ways to encode the files and make the DVD.

But if we compare downloads between Rapidshare links on fanedit.info and torrents... well, it is no contest. I don't have solid statistics, but in the last week my MI3 edit has been downloaded from rapidshare about 9 times (8 DVD and 1 XVID), but the xvid that I put up on Pirate Bay and Mininova has been downloaded... well I don't even know, but it appears to be over 100 times. I've personally sent out 31 copies, plus it takes less then a day to download at current torrent speeds, but every time I look at it there are somewhere between 20 and 90 leaches. Of course, those people never leave feedback, won't come to fanedit.org probably, and so it's not nearly as satisfying. I'm just pointing out for the sake of argument that torrents (if seeded) get a lot more traffic (at least at first before they inevitably die out).

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All fair points. I apologize for exaggerating a bit (including the "torrents going the way of the dinosaur" line). I'm so baffled by this, I momentarily lost my mind :???:

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gieferg said:
Actually, your edit is for people who like polished turds and like to be told what to do because you're not that interested in sharing it the usual way. Plus, it will probably take forever to download due to little interest since it's such a crap movie to begin with.

So yeah, I couldn't care less to watch it because I don't care for how you choose to release it.

Maybe if it was at RS or Megaupload I would consider it.

As it is, this fanedit deserves to be lost forever due to torrent inactivity.

After all, you will be to busy to leave the computer on, 24 hours a day, for an indefinite but very long period of time. If you're too busy and too cheap to even send a DVD to somebody who will upload it, I'm sure you're too busy and too cheap to incur the much bigger expense and bandwidth usage involved with seeding a torrent.

Of course, I overestimate the demand for an edit of possibly the worst movies I've ever seen.

But I WILL watch Reaves fanedit.

Top Bottom