• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Battlestar Galactica

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'The Plan' hits DVD/BR next week.
I dont know if it ever aired on TV and I'm sure its been available for download round the net but I havent seen it yet.
just a heads up to all you BSG fans.
[youtubewide:39kg6elj]

Excellent. I don't think it aired did it?

if it did, I missed it. I never watch Sci-fi (or SyFy... :-? ) as everything on it sucks now IMO.
cancelling BSG was their worst move. at the very least they should have attempted to pick up TSCC.

Wrong era, but I was looking for some BSG pics and ran across this weird promo pic:

425.battlestar.galactica.022009.jpg

Apollo looks like "will you die already?!", Adama is like "wait, where was I going?" and Starbuck is like "our anniversary is today? Oh yes, of course I got you a present. Let me just go get it." *runs* *tires screeching*

I didn't much care for this 'film'. Whilst I'm sad that BG is over now, seeing this didn't help.

What I liked about the Cylons was that we really didn't know what the plan was. Why are they doing this, that or the other. What is this religion they follow? Why are there final fives? etc etc. What motivates them?

Well, if 'The Plan' is anything to go on, it seems to be the petty cry of revenge shouted by Number 1. None of the others really seem up for it, in fact, at least one of them commits suicide when asked to do a dirty deed.

Lucy Lawless was clearly not up for it, appearing only once in reused footage, Tory appears at the beginning and end. Roslyn doesn't appear at all.

It's intention seems to be to fill in the gaps from the Cylon side, but it just feels like a mishmash of scenes, loosely tied together by Number 1.

I agree, I thought it was crap. like an extended recap episode that told you all the mythical shit you didnt want to know. I wish I could un-watch it.

epic fail.

Considering it was Jane Espenson writing and James Edward Olmos directing - I was surprised it wasn't better. Olmos is quoted as saying that "You'll want to rewatch the series after this."

Yes James, to remind myself that it was better than this shite.

BTW - Caprica Ep 2 was a bit on the shite side as well. :-(

So there was a Caprica TV movie and now a series? Is that right? (cuz I remember there was a Caprica DVD)

Yes, the movie doubles as the pilot ep for the series, which premiered two Fridays ago - 1/22.

http://www.syfy.com/caprica/index.php

New eps air on Fridays. They become available streaming on the site the following Wednesday.

I just started season 3, so I'm just gonna wait until I'm done the series to watch Caprica or The Plan.

I dropped in the middle of season 4.
It was great though.
I should finish it.

And Farscape, too.

I've heard a lot of good things about Babylon 5, too, but I've never really watched it.

I tried to watch the Caprica DVD the other night in order to begin watching the series and the beginning of the pilot just irritated me enough to turn it off. the teens in the club was not what I had in mind and need to give it a go when I am in the mood for 90210 - which may be never.

At least Lost is back.

Babylon 5 was very good but Farscape was sooooooo much better.

elbarto1 said:
I tried to watch the Caprica DVD the other night in order to begin watching the series and the beginning of the pilot just irritated me enough to turn it off. the teens in the club was not what I had in mind and need to give it a go when I am in the mood for 90210 - which may be never.

At least Lost is back.

How far did you get into it? Without spoiling it in case you didn't get that far, the teens in the club aren't literally "in a club".

[spoiler:15cuhrvr]It's a virtual club, kind of like chat rooms, but taken to the ultimate visual extreme[/spoiler:15cuhrvr]

i turned it off right after they revealed that.
there were 3 teens out front of a school and they said "so say we all" or something from BSG.

Well give it another shot when you're in a better mood.

To put it in perspective, the first half hour of Back To The Future is pretty cringeworthy as they do all this set-up of what Marty's current 1985 life is like but once he goes back to 1955, the movie picks up. Same concept here. You need to get past the point in the film where [spoiler:2n6ktswq]the train is bombed and Zoe's avatar is explained[/spoiler:2n6ktswq] for the story to get in gear.

I will give it a try again soon.

I'm really enjoying Caprica but I seem to be in the minority going by the rants over on IMDB and the generally poor ratings.

To be honest I'm actually preferring it to BSG ( and I really love BSG).

Back
Top Bottom