• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A-ha Say goodbye.

effy11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know there won't be many fans on this forum, but this email gave me one hell of a shock. :cry: Anyone else?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:?

What email?

effy11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Umm, the mailing list, here it is
Code:
http://links.mkt2259.com/servlet/MailView?ms=Mjc0MTg4OAS2&r=MTYyMTM2OTY4MzYS1&j=NzgyNTY2MDgS1&mt=1&rt=0

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks - google worked also.

rijir

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't even know they were still together. I thought the last thing they did was that James Bond soundtrack song.

effy11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Guess you live in america, nope they split in '94 for 5 years, rthen performed at the nobel peace prize released several new albums, there latest foot of the mountain got to number 5 in the uk charts and the title song got to number 1 in Germany.

PS. sorry for such a loong winded post.

Edit: there was 2 albums before the initial split in '94, both of a very different style to there other albums.

Anyway I'll live, we still have Savoy and the other's solo works.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The Sun Always Shines On TV" & "Take On Me" are classics. They're among my favourite songs.....but I'm not distressed that A-Ha have called it a day. I haven't followed them since, well, ever TBH.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember back in the 80's, A-ha came to town.
Our school had a direct view on the venue (though quite far), and suddenly, in the middle of a lesson, all the girls rushed up on the windows because one of them saw three little silhouettes.

effy11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, I only discovered them when I was watching all the Bond films in chronological order, The Lving Daylights stood out so I looked into them.

Anyway, there last goodbye concert is Dec 4 2010, wish I could go but it was hard enough to make my mam buy tickets for Manchester

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
They actually had a couple of worthwhile singles after the late 80s. When was "Summer Moved On"? 2000? That's a good song. Not to mention some really good stuff from the mid-80s that many people don't seem to know. I like "I've Been Losing You" a lot, for instance. Great song.

effy11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There IMO one of the most underated bands ever.

But, I'm bias.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
joebshmoe said:
you euro guys are hilarious

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh you prefer 80's american bands?
david_lee_roth.jpg

:p

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Funny%20a-ha%202-2.jpg

i always liked Mags (the one in the middle) best. he´s the cutest of them...

that´s a picture from their rebellious phase...

:smile:

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
how 'bout black flag? minutemen? descendents? THOSE are the '80's bands i care about.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe said:
how 'bout black flag? minutemen? descendents? THOSE are the '80's bands i care about.

where is the love, honey? you should still have a spot in your heart for aha...

...and Fugazi. they were great

Top Bottom