• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Awesome moviequiz (be aware, very addictive)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm playing in an addictive movie quiz, and thought that you all might be interested since you're also moviefans. I'm playing and already have a score of 4324 solved movies. Be sure to register to keep your score on track.

Again, a warning that this game is very addictive.

www.whatthemovie.com

You have to solve movies by just 1 screenshot.

dude, i'm hooked!
:)

Just joined. For some reason it's not giving me points for solving some of them. I get a message saying that I didn't get any points for solving it because it was already in the archive. What does that mean? And when I check my profile it has a listing for the amount of feature films solved and one for snapshots solved. What's the difference?

I think you get points for the ones solved under new submission (which is a new addition for version 2.0). The current game is version 2.0 and they changed some rules. I was already playing when version 1.0 was online so I'm not completely sure if they changed rules etc.

Frantic Canadian said:
Just joined. For some reason it's not giving me points for solving some of them. I get a message saying that I didn't get any points for solving it because it was already in the archive. What does that mean? And when I check my profile it has a listing for the amount of feature films solved and one for snapshots solved. What's the difference?
I also noticed that the "archives" shots are almost each time NOT snapshots from the movies but promo pictures or things like that (?) so I guess you only can have point from an actual picture from the movie.
I think they just separate the number of movies found from the number of shots found (let's say, Blade Runner: 5 shots found, 1 movie)

I wanna know why I can retain this much movie info and name a film based on a vague image in 2 seconds but I cant apply that same type of data retention to the rest of my life.

FFS, I am great at this game but fail in life at remembering stuff that matters.
I forget what day my mother and friends were born on every year!

I need a movie of my life!

elbarto1 said:
I wanna know why I can retain this much movie info and name a film based on a vague image in 2 seconds but I cant apply that same type of data retention to the rest of my life.

FFS, I am great at this game but fail in life at remembering stuff that matters.

Welcome to the club! ;-)

It's addictive, isn't it? ;-)

elbarto1 said:

Tell me about it. :lol: I solved this one

eff1c63370d9edde8b73b146a6fc59.jpg

and I haven't seen The Seventh Samurai in 5-10 years. That's not exactly the most descriptive screenshot either if you know what I mean.

That one was smart:
cc758f3fa37ae153bf34e25f31526b.jpg

But of course I solved it!

Very addictive indeed. :smile:

Frantic Canadian said:
elbarto1 said:

Tell me about it. :lol: I solved this one

eff1c63370d9edde8b73b146a6fc59.jpg

and I haven't seen The Seventh Samurai in 5-10 years. That's not exactly the most descriptive screenshot either if you know what I mean.

I solved it and NEVER SAW THAT FILM!
I assumed B&W...seven samurai!

TMBTM said:
That one was smart:
cc758f3fa37ae153bf34e25f31526b.jpg

But of course I solved it!

Very addictive indeed. :smile:

Thats [spoiler:3kiyyfjb]Temple of doom!, there are alot from the indy trilogy I have seen.[/spoiler:3kiyyfjb]

Sometime things are weird, I never saw that movie, barely see a trailer, still I solved it...
d62f8d362d96790c1e27f9a2c688c2.jpg

Sometime you just have to follow your instinct!

there goes the POP QUIZ thread...

from the wallpaper it looks like [spoiler:1mnrkeak]The Cottage[/spoiler:1mnrkeak]

nOmArch said:
from the wallpaper it looks like [spoiler:spfh83pt]The Cottage[/spoiler:spfh83pt]
In fact it is:
[spoiler:spfh83pt]I only knew the french title "L'orphelina", it's a spanish movie "El Orfanato" ("The Orphanage" in english I think).
I still don't kow how I found it![/spoiler:spfh83pt]

nOmArch said:
there goes the POP QUIZ thread...
:lol: just think of it as aggressive pop quiz training ;)

TMBTM said:
In fact it is:
[spoiler:6f6qqnqa]I only knew the french title "L'orphelina", it's a spanish movie "El Orfanato" ("The Orphanage" in english I think).
I still don't kow how I found it![/spoiler:6f6qqnqa]

ahhh i have that movie but its still on my watch list much to my chagrin. still the wallpaper was similar, just the wrong colour... and uh, wrong obviously :)

thecottage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom