• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Battlestar Galactica to hit the big screen!?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From IMDb-

-- Huge news. Bryan Singer is now confirmed to be directing a silver screen reboot of "Battlestar Galactica." This was reported earlier by Hitfix, but the news has now been confirmed. Fans of Ron Moore's take on the franchise shouldn't rise up in angry protest just yet. The project is literally at ground zero right now. With Singer on board, now it's time to find a writer, figure out the course such a project might take. Might Ron Moore step in to deliver a script? Anything is possible. We shall see, fellow "BSG" fans. (Variety)

after Valkyrie and Superman, I am less than excited but it could be worse.
He damn well be using the TV cast/writers otherwise whats the point?
a star trek like film franchise could be developed if done right - or a cheap cash-in if done wrong.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sod it, im getting excited now i dont care if the script hasnt been written yet!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
He damn well be using the TV cast/writers otherwise whats the point?
a star trek like film franchise could be developed if done right - or a cheap cash-in if done wrong.

All the information on this project points to this NOT being an extension of the current series, but more based on the original material. I for one am excited to see Singer doing a Sci-Fi flick. Maybe we'll get a space adventure with a brain.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Based on his track record recently, I'm really not optimistic for this at all.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another reboot? And so soon after the new series just ended? Yeah, as much as I love BSG, I'm gonna have to say "thanks, but no thanks". Even if they base it off of the original series, it's still going to be compared to the awesomeness that was the Ron Moore series...not very fair to those involved.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
its gonna be a major let down if it doesnt follow on from the latest series :( ah well bang goes my excitement.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if thats the case all I can say is "what a dumb ass move and a major missed opportunity"
who is running hollywood? chimps? :x

rijir

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am so glad this will have nothing to do with the recent series. As much as I tried to like it all it was was a joke.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rijir said:
I am so glad this will have nothing to do with the recent series. As much as I tried to like it all it was was a joke.
With the exception of that Gaïus "You're in my head! No I'm not. You're not in my head? Yes I am" Baltar (good character but horribly used in long boring scenes where he's just murmuring words that we don't care, worst than a french actor talking to a wall on a grey and rainny movie, all in the purpose to save some screen time and to use all the money on the nice space battles, so with the exception of him:) it was a good show.

Still have to watch the second part of the last season by the way!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BSG was the best sci-fi show on TV since TNG

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dunno about 'Best' i really liked Farscape but certinaly one of the top three.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well allow me to elaborate,
its the best sci-fi show I have seen since TNG
I never saw farscape, I kinda lumped it in w/ babylon 5 which I just couldnt get into. maybe I'll give FS a shot someday :)

theres just no good sci-fi on anymore. shows like LOST and FRINGE are about as deep as the gere gets anymore. Now that they cancelled TSCC and BSG is over I got nuthin'

Hopefully V debuts strongly and gives me something new rather than a complete rehash of the original series.

I can understand if people dont like it, but I dont understand how it could be perceived as "a joke" as it was IMO very serious and grounded in reality, well - sci-fi reality anyway.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh i totally agree about BSG, if you're going to level any criticism at it then it was probably too serious, to say it was a joke, well. :wat:

definitely give FS a go if you havent seen it before, i think it really found its stride in the third season and some of the later episodes were downright hilarious, like when the crew get turned into cartoons and spend the entire episode trying to kill each other a la wile e coyote and road runner style.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
worst than a french actor talking to a wall on a grey and rainny movie

LOL!

that´s the best expression for a bad movie i ever heard.

and BSG: never got into it. didn´t like the wiring on those telephones they had in the pilot. i mean seriously: they fly in spaceships and have wiring on their on-board telephones...?

:lol:

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rijir said:

Ehm - wow. I couldn't disagree more. BSG - the new series was probably the best thing, except Lost that I'd seen in a long time. Well written, scripted, directed....BEST...SCI...FI....EVER.

I am not excited at all about a new reboot film.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heinrich said:
and BSG: never got into it. didn´t like the wiring on those telephones they had in the pilot. i mean seriously: they fly in spaceships and have wiring on their on-board telephones...?

That is actually addressed in the series, and it makes sense.
I wont spoil why but it does make sense in the series.

rijir

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
Heinrich said:

That is actually addressed in the series, and it makes sense.
I wont spoil why but it does make sense in the series.

This is the part I mean about being a joke. At least the 70's series, while hokey, tried to create the visuals of an alien word/civilization. The new show looked as if the sets and wardrobe were bought at JC Penney and IKEA. I could never get past them driving our cars and wearing our clothes. I really feel that Ronald Moore just ripped off the Battlestar name to make his own series. I would have probably liked it more if it had an original name and original character names. The name many haters gave it (GINO) really said if for me.

And honestly I really tried coming back to it over the years to like it but never did.

Top Bottom