• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sheriff John Quincy Wydell: Devil Hunter

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Type of edit: True fan edit
Original film name: The Devil's Rejects
New film name: Sheriff John Quincy Wydell: Devil Hunter
Original run time: 109 mins (unrated)
New run time: about 85 mins
editor: Tranzor

Reasons for the edit:
To remove as much of Rob Zombie's over the top scenes as possible (as well as many scenes of ridiculous stupidity), and to correct his complete loss of plot focus. These changes included making the Firefly family appear more of the monsters they should have been, while bringing out the revenge factor of Sheriff John.
I also wanted to give the film a 1970's road movie appeal.

Possible improvements or changes:
You are now left with a 1970's style road movie revenge film focusing on Sheriff Wydell's desire to bring the hammer of justice down on the Firefly family.

Notes of interest I actually liked the Devil's Rejects. I also did not mind (well)
most of his over the top madness (as Zombie usually does). However like some of his other films, a much more streamlined and darker vision is lying underneath the mayhem. In this case I wanted to bring that back and in doing so found a few more benefits that contributed to this edit overall.

What was done:
1. Removed about 25 mins from the film.
2. Removed the character of Tiny from the film (though his name is still in the credits out of respect)
3. Some scenes were slightly altered, color tinted, re-scored and have added transitions
4. New and alternate ending fitting that 1970's odd style of closing out a film.

Bonus features: dvd version only
1. Full length commentary track by Tranzor (hear Tranzor jump all over the place with a variety of topics and way over use of the word "redundant").
2. The entire edit in a high contrast black and white version (I think I prefer this to the
main edition)
3. The completely unrelated and abandoned Death Wish 3 dvd game shooter demo
(yes you can play this on your dvd player)

EVEN MORE DVD bonus items
dvd rom folder with
1. Full cover art (by Jorge)
2. The raw Moog tracks used in the edit
3. Death wish 3 game stand alone demo (plays smoother before I combined it in this dvd)
4. MinimogueVA synt/vst plug-in emulator (freeware). I used this to make some of the custom music that appears in this edit

Specs
Ntsc, dual layer dvd iso format all set for you

the too lazy for dvd version
MKV (h.264, ac3 5.1) file.Main edit only, NO extras

cover work by Jorge
3D_devilhunter_cover_by_jorge.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will watch this next week I hope.
I did watch a work in progress version that I liked.
I'll look for the new changes and I think I'll go for the black and white version.

Congratulation on finishing! :)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks! Not much was changed between the final and preview you saw

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this is one movie that would benefit greatly from being "Grind Housed" (scratches, dirt on picture, etc.). It has a 70's exploitation feel to it to begin with. Be that as it may though, I do look forward to watching this edit asap.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jamiemark said:
I think this is one movie that would benefit greatly from being "Grind Housed" (scratches, dirt on picture, etc.). It has a 70's exploitation feel to it to begin with. Be that as it may though, I do look forward to watching this edit asap.

I decided not to add any effects. Zombie already gave it a slightly grainy look and it does have the strong 70's feel. Because I was going more for a road movie fashion, if I did add my noise effects it would have down played the type of 70's film I was trying to bring across and present it as something I did not want

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fair enough. I look forward to listening to your commentary, as I enjoyed the one you did for the Mad Max edit :) .

Top Bottom