• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman: Dead End

Post resurrection time.... lol

To my surprise, there is now a documentary about the making of this short film and its creator Sandy Collora...

...and for those who have never seen this little modern classic....

This is definitely one of my favourite Batman fanfilm, it has been a long time fave just bc of the high level of production value on it alone!

katie75 said:
This is definitely one of my favourite Batman fanfilm, it has been a long time fave just bc of the high level of production value on it alone!

The shot of Batman rising in the alley and his cape closing in on him in this short is the best shot of Batman ever put to film.

Isn't this film the only time Batman has had white eyes in live action? I don't count when the eyes literally light up in TDK or the upcoming BvS, though even if you did, this was first.

beezo said:
The shot of Batman rising in the alley and his cape closing in on him in this short is the best shot of Batman ever put to film.

I am definitely hard pressed to argue with you on this point. Certainly gives me the same chill as that first time as a kid when I saw Michael Keaton in a sort of similar way just before the final confrontation with Jack Nicholson's Joker back in 89. That sort of camera tilt while he lifted his head to seem like he is rising. Reminds me so much of that scene!

The little sequence between 1:17-1:24 is perfect. Always gives me the chills. I really want to see something like that in an official Batman movie.

BTW, the director of this movie also made a pretty cool Batman-Superman fan trailer:

It sure would be nice if fans could see this again, only in HD instead of the crappy Youtube quality.

It was shot using 35mm film so I have to assume they can scan for better quality.

Its amazing that this short fanfilm with little budget came out with a better storyline than most modern blockbusters and this fanfilm has a figure released in the neca toy franchise

This little fan film blew me away back in the day. Also, THIS is how I would like Batman to look like in the movies. "Comic book costumes looks silly on screen and one has to use body armors or kevlar", my foot. Even for internal logic: a Batman in an armor has a lot more weight to carry.

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]This little fan film blew me away back in the day. Also, THIS is how I would like Batman to look like in the movies. "Comic book costumes look silly on screen and one has to use body armors or kevlar", my foot. Even for internal logic: a Batman in an armor has a lot more weight to carry.[/font]

Back
Top Bottom