• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A SPECIAL treat for all editors...

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
excellent audio editing.
the film looks good too. I just hope its more "big lebowski/raising arizona" and less "burn after reading/o brother" seems to have a very melancholy humor, I guess all their films do but this one looks decidedly so. almost on par w/ wes anderson's level of melancholy.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this was even worse than Bruno. Easily the two worst movies I saw from last year, and in several years in fact.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wha...

A Serious Man was nothing short of brilliant.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Isn't Kevinicus the dude who thinks Transformers ROTF is a good movie? ;)

(Full disclosure: I have not seen A Serious Man or T:ROTF, so I really don't have much right to point this out. But still)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i dunno, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Isn't Kevinicus the dude who thinks Transformers ROTF is a good movie? ;)

(Full disclosure: I have not seen A Serious Man or T:ROTF, so I really don't have much right to point this out. But still)
Don't forget, he also hates, absolutely HATES with a passion, a little movie called [spoiler:1bg1h06b]BladeRunner.[/spoiler:1bg1h06b]
So I pretty much ignore his taste in movies more than anybody on [spoiler:1bg1h06b]the planet.[/spoiler:1bg1h06b]
No offense, as I'm sure there are movies I love that other people hate.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blade Runner? ...really?

on the other hand i must say that i really love ´Hudson Hawk´ and so far absolutely everybody gives me the ´aaw that´s such a bad movie´...

:)

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heinrich said:
Blade Runner? ...really?

on the other hand i must say that i really love ´Hudson Hawk´ and so far absolutely everybody gives me the ´aaw that´s such a bad movie´...

Yup, really. And despite a lot of people thinking I'm crazy for feeling that way, and slobbering over the movie like it's some sort of masterpiece, I've never been able to get one of the movie's fans to explain what about it is actually good beyond, "the atmosphere."

I think Hudson Hawk is very enjoyable in it's own absurdly quirky way.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think Hudson Hawk is very enjoyable in it's own absurdly quirky way.

THANK YOU! so you are the other guy?

one day i will explain to you about the awesomeness of the atmosphere in blade runner...

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hudson Hawk is a fun movie. Back then I even thought it could have been another big franchise for Willis.
But people did not get it.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kevinicus said:
I've never been able to get one of the movie's fans to explain what about it is actually good beyond, "the atmosphere."
Why do they need to? Either you like the film or you don't...does it matter why people like it?

Out of curiosity, do you try to explain to people why you think Transformers 2 is a good movie?

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
Kevinicus said:
I've never been able to get one of the movie's fans to explain what about it is actually good beyond, "the atmosphere."
Why do they need to? Either you like the film or you don't...does it matter why people like it?

Out of curiosity, do you try to explain to people why you think Transformers 2 is a good movie?

No, but I've also never gone out of my way to insinuate someone has poor taste or is crazy for liking Blade Runner either. If people are going to belittle someone because they don't agree about something that they consider a masterpiece, then at the very least they should be able to offer up something a little more substantial.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like Blade runner because:
- I like the "Damn I'm in love with a robot" plot.
- I like the 'Damn, maybe I'm a robot myself." plot.
- I like how the bad guys are in fact more "alive" than the "human" (maybe not?) hero.
- I like the special effects (always great looking in 2010, wow)
- I like the mood.
- I like the music.
- I like the acting.
- I like the fact that you watch the movie differently when you are an adult. The whole "4 years" lifetime plot is much more moving when you are 34 than 14 for exemple.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kevinicus said:
Which is weird, because most fans won't stop explaining its greatness until you hit them over the head with baseball bat. (I'm a fan too, btw, but I don't have the time or the interest of making new recruits.)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed this film, even if I didnt fully understand/pick up on the Book Of Job parallels.

Top Bottom