• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blade 3 - Behead The King Edition

thatFIRECROTCHguy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I'm kinda new here.
I'm downloading this and can't wait to see it. Blade Trinity was one of those movies that managed to be laughable (like Catwoman), but so frustrating I couldn't even enjoy its badness (like Hannibal Rising). I'd love to see what you faneditors could do with it.
Have any of you seen it? I'm wondering if I should adjust my expectations.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched BLADE 3 BEHEAD THE KING EDITION last night.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

I am a big Blade fan. Loved the first two movies and the tv series. I surprised and disappointed with the third installmant, especially considering all 3 movies were written my David Goyer, it baffled me with some the decisions he made with the movie.

Thus, I found the CBB edit a refreshing and delightful surprise. It is a definite improvement over the original. The tone and space much more akin to the first two movies. Most of the edits were nearly flawless. The menu designs and extras were all very professional looking. All in all, an extremely impressive fan edit. BRAVO!

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't understand. Getting rid of the HK jokes that you did worked, but you could have easily gotten rid of the "diaper stain" and "decoder ring" jokes. Some like "Karate at the local Y" should have stayed. You created plot holes that could have easily been avoided. You eleminated the first mention of HK being a former vampire and the first mention of "Nightstalkers" but then you left in every following mention of both things. HK is a former vampire in the comic so I don't know why you deleted that.

I didn't like the jokes either, but the story and on the whole made sense and you cut that up for no reason. I don't think you understood the importance of the Dr. Vance and FBI subplot. You are great editors but you need someone that understands plot structure on your team.

I wouldn't normally be so critical of a fanedit, but you were so smug on your edit list (embarrassing, please, very embarrassing) that you are just asking for it.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am not sure, if we were asking for that, but you are always free to make your own edit.
There was a plan behind these edits. If you are interested, we can discuss it.

So do I get this right, you apply for a job as plot structurist?

edit: 2 stars is really not nice and IMHO less than deserved. But at least you are not hiding behind just giving points and no comment.
And tastes differ.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really, it's the smugness and arrogance of the edit list that made me go off. It's just mean. Read it again. That, all the hype about the edit, the week it took me to download it, and my disappointment in the edit led to the 2 stars. If they were nice like Spence and T-Hope, they wouldn't have warranted such criticism.

If the CBB Group is hiring a plot structurist (for no pay of course), I'd love to interview.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So it is the edit list that bugged you, when most people don't even add one. And it bugs you that it is commented. And therefore the fanedit is bad... ic. ;-) that's ... unique.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
don?t you worry dude, there are blade fans out there which are adult and don?t give a tiny rat?s ass about the comic books...

what?s so embarrassing about this list?

Finn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If they were nice like Spence and T-Hope, they wouldn't have warranted such criticism.

eh?

That's like saying that The Doors were a crap band because Jim Morrison was a bit up himself. Or The Pianist was a bad movie because Roman Polanski likes to touch kids....

seriously, if there's a saying I live by its "Never judge art by the artist's personality"

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
So it is the edit list that bugged you, when most people don't even add one. And it bugs you that it is commented. And therefore the fanedit is bad... ic. ;-) that's ... unique.

You've got it all backwards. The fanedit is far from perfect, but so is the Hollywood edit. The Hollywood edit has lame HK jokes and the CBB has major plot holes, neither is perfect in this fan's opinion. The problem is that the CBB edit implies that is is so much better than the Hollywood edit. The lack of respect on their part opens them up to criticism. The plot holes they created could have been easily avoided that's what is so irritating.

What doesn't make sense to me is that on the technical side, the editting is professionally well done, but yet the comments on the edits are so unprofessional. And why are they so embarrassed by the Hollywood edit?

thatFIRECROTCHguy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't see any plot holes. I saw a few minor screw-ups that surprised me considering how amazing the rest of the edit was, though.
I enjoyed that HK was downplayed, but still present, and still a bit of comedy relief without overdoing it (like the theatrical cut). The smaller role, but still of some importance, makes him more like Blade's last sidekick in number two. And though it wasn't completely ideal because of the source material, the fact that HK was a former vampire comes as a bit of a surprise at the end, and I think that was a better move.
The FBI and Dr. Vance subplots really weren't that important and I think they were fleshed out enough.
My only true complaints was that moving the original intro of finding Drake's tomb into the rest of the film didn't allow enough time to pass before we see him again. You wouldn't have lost anything by keeping that as an intro.
And, the only confusing part for me, was how in the end HK managed to leave an empty room, run up stairs, fall back down into the empty room (somehow) and fight Triple H. As I watched I couldn't help but wonder why you didn't move the fight to earlier and then have him run up stairs, cutting the falling joke. But then again, I didn't edit it :p
All in all, I love it. Best edit this side of Superman Redeemed.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
WellianTracker said:
boon23 said:
And why are they so embarrassed by the Hollywood edit?

I guess cos most people didn?t like it and hated the stupid teenager swearing mainly done by HK thoughout the entire movie...

yeah, the swearing was very embarrassing...

8)

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently watched this feature and i rate it as whole new experience with all the loss of lame "Teenage content", trimming of the mostly overdone oneliners and given the overall tone a really more adult behaviour - in one description:

It's "Ice Cold Blade" as it'd have been - now some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skating uphill like in the "Blade 1+ 2" series before.

I'm giving 4 stars for the job.

Good fanedits can be a benefit - this one highly recommend!

jason600

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blade 3 - Behead the King Edition

Blade 3 is a perfect example of why I love Fan Edits.

The film studio ruins a perfectly good film by putting in lots of lame jobs, ridiculous moments like the vampire dog, and truly awful scenes like shooting an arrow around corners. With two perfectly good predecessors, why change the formula?

Then along comes CBB, removes all the nonsense, the crap, the one lines, the groaners and produces a worthy sequel to Blade.

This is the Blade 3 that the fans wanted to see. Brilliant work CBB.

My rating of the original: 3/10
My rating of this FanEdit: 7.5/10

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Watched BLADE 3 BEHEAD THE KING EDITION last night.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

I am a big Blade fan. Loved the first two movies and the tv series. I surprised and disappointed with the third installmant, especially considering all 3 movies were written my David Goyer, it baffled me with some the decisions he made with the movie.

Thus, I found the CBB edit a refreshing and delightful surprise. It is a definite improvement over the original. The tone and space much more akin to the first two movies. Most of the edits were nearly flawless. The menu designs and extras were all very professional looking. All in all, an extremely impressive fan edit. BRAVO!

I definately agree. The edit was near flawless. The only thing that stuck out was how Hannibal ended up in the cell again. I knew what happened from the regular cut, but I can easily overlook that because HK sucked.

However, despite the massive improvement that you guys did with the film., it still isn't nowhere near as good as Blade 2 or even 1.(That's definately not any fault of you guys, it's David Goyers and the producers) You can still tell no matter how this film was made for a teen generation. There is really no blood in it at all especially comapred to Blade 2. If it wasn't for the language, it could have gotten a PG-13 rating. The film was made to make a spinoff for the Nightstalkers. The whole concept of Blade getting caught goes against Blade 1 (Blade can spot vampires from about a mile away. --SPOLIER Why in the world would he shoot a human by accident and assume that he was a vampire--END SPOILER It just doesn't make any sense.

But overall, you guys did an excellent job with what you had.

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a hard time rating this one...

On the one hand, it is much better than it was

On the other, I still didn't enjoy it that much. The evil vampire didn't seem that tough, and the whole solution that the vampires came up with was over and done with so quickly it was sad. I still didn't like the ending in the edit or the original.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DragonAngel said:
I had a hard time rating this one...

On the one hand, it is much better than it was

On the other, I still didn't enjoy it that much. The evil vampire didn't seem that tough, and the whole solution that the vampires came up with was over and done with so quickly it was sad. I still didn't like the ending in the edit or the original.

I also felt it was hard to vote, but I gave the group the benefit of the doubt because they did all they could to salvage this film. I wish the producers would have allowed Goyer to make the Blade film that he originally wanted to make. It was supoosed to have Blade in a post acopcalyptic world with vampires already taking over. However, it was deemed too dark. Blade has always been dark. Trinity at it's basis goes against all that, which is why I have a huge problem with the film. However, I still applaud CBB for their effort in trying to reverse some of those changes.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by CBB
What is it about? This is a complete re-edit of "Blade Trinity". It reduces lame jokes and stupid scenes to a minimum, leaving you with pure Blade entertainment.

tagline: Back to vampire killing.

original film name: Blade Trinity
film studio name : New Line
Date Original Film Was Released : 2004
Date Edit Was Released : 24 SEP 2006
Original Runtime : 113 min
New Runtime : 87 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 26 min cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :
about 50 cuts through the entire movie (not all mentioned here)

Video Edits (still incomplete):

- added credits form Blade 1
- removed credits from Blade 3
- moved Syrian desert scene after intro
- removed middlefinger scene (yes, they are vampires, we got that before already)
- removed Danica filming (not necessary, we already knew it was a setup)
- removed the TV interview (over the top)
- added serum scene from Blade2 to make a bridge to Whistler delivering the newspaper
- moved serum inhaler scene into Whistler's daughter fighting the vampires scene
- removed Dr. Vance's evaluation talk to Blade (this made no sense since he is a familiar and Blade may be in his own world, but he watches the news on TV, so he will know both the current date and who is the president)
- removed the fight for authority between the chief of police and the FBI agents (unnecessary)
- added flashback to see the development of the vampires
- removed Danica screaming "Hannibal King". He is just not that important.
- removed several HK scenes during the escape.
- removed Abigail shooting around the corner (embarrassing)
- removed the gunfight between policemen and vampires (why did they do this?)
- removed some more of the shooting sequences during the escape (it is unbelievable enough that they escape from a police headquarter)
- removed Hannibal and Abigail being surrounded by cop cars (too much)
- removed the flight car arriving (it is far better to let a flight car wait for the ones to flee)
- removed stupid HK and Blade conversations from the ship scene
- removed the group name "Night Stalkers" (very embarrassing)
- removed HK from saying he had been a vampire (please no)
- ripped the vampires' failure discussion from the worst swearings.
- removed HK history lesson
- removed vampire merchandise girl showing the vibrators
- removed the entire weapons show of Hedges, because the toys look like plastic, except for UV ark.
- removed Abigail's tripod ad (embarrassing)
- removed HK asking Blade what he would do, if they were successful (lame)
- removed vampire dog form HK torture scene (maximum embarrassment)
- removed lame jokes form HK torture scene
- removed Blade making one wheel stunt on motorcycle (showing off)
- removed "gimme 5" when the vampire kicked HK (lame)
- removed "search the node" scene (they were right, it was not funny)
- removed Abigail's Matrix hand sign (this is Blade, not Matrix, and this is Blade, not a parody)
- removed vampire dogs (embarrassing)
- shortened HK fighting Triple H big time
- removed Dracula "tongue-hit" (he is no frog)
- changed the ending to Dracula staying in the shape of Blade
- added Blade birth Scene
- added new credits

Audio edits (still incomplete):
- added a modified beginning from Batman Begins track 8 "Antrozous"
- added small piece of track 13 from Alien Resurrection " The battle with the newborn"
- added little piece of MI3 soundtrack track 5 "Special Agent Lindsey Farris", while Blade injects his serum
- added sound bits from resident evil
- added a little piece from Nine Inch Nails CLOSER
- added breaking glass sound from OPERATION BROKEN ARROW
- added gunshots and machine gun fire from Windtalkers
- added music from MI3 track 12 Bridge Battle
- removed beginning of car flight rap
- added "alright" from windtalkers
- added car truck from man on Fire
- added people shouting from Con Air
- removed the intro rap of dracula
- removed the killing rap of dracula
- added sound bites from Constantine
- added Deo et patri from the Constantine soundtrack
- added Ether surfing from Resident Evil The game soundtrack
- added woman screaming from THE BORROWER
- added Dracula screaming from the beginning of Blade Trinity
- added some more Resident Evil game music bits
- added sounds from Blade 1 and intro track from Blade 1 as beginning end credits
- added THE BALANCE fromt eh Constantine soundtrack for end credits
- added MUSTANG NISMO from Tokyo Drift soundtrack
- added motorcycle sounds from Blade 2

DVD FEATURES:
87 min NTSC 16:9 2.35:1
Languages:

* English
* German
* French

Subtitles:

* English

Trailer
Animated menus
Scene Selection Menus
2 Scene Comparisons
Lame HK Jokes
CBB Overview

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:
The original movie was a major disappointment, because of being undediced between a comicbook movie, a parody, a comedy and a horror-action movie. Also the movie was obviously created for teenagers and tried too hard to be "hip", which it never was.
We deleted 50% of spoken text, 99% lame jokes and cut out 22 minutes, which will not be missed. With about 50 cuts we tried to make this a true horror action movie and a worthy finish of the Blade series. We recreated a lot of sound and score elements to alter the overall atmosphere.

Time needed for the edition:
planning: 3 months
editing: 3 weeks
sound editing: 1 week
art design: 5 days
trailer: 2 days

persons involved: 5

cbb13_Blade3_mini.jpg

http://fanedit.org/372/

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is uploaded to RS on tehparadox and on linktalk.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
now available as xvid avi on piratebay

Top Bottom