• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Return of Ron Burgundy?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0899469/

Will Ferrell is close to sealing a deal to revive his comedy newsreader character Ron Burgundy in a sequel to his hit 2004 Anchorman movie.

The funnyman is desperate to film a follow-up to Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and admits he has been in talks with movie bosses to bring the character back for a second run.

And Ferrell is convinced he is close to getting a green light for the project.

He says, "The odds are good. We're going to talk to all the guys next week - Steve Carrell, Paul Rudd and everybody else - to see if it's feasible to do it, because everybody's at different places right now, with totally different schedules.

"Hopefully we can start filming in a couple of years."

I hope this isnt a joke! Finally a sequel I want to see!

ron-burgundy.jpg

Whammy!

hope its true, cant wait!

I do not get why Will Ferrell is considered funny. I have never laughed once at anything he's done. And the way he keeps inventing these cliched 70's characters, it's like him and Mike Myers are trying to out-caricature each other.

Gimme VINTAGE SNL from '75 to '80 - Dan, John, Chevy, Jane, Bill, Gilda, Garrett and Laraine. THAT was comedy.

Ziz said:
Gimme VINTAGE SNL from '75 to '80 - Dan, John, Chevy, Jane, Bill, Gilda, Garrett and Laraine. THAT was comedy.

I wasnt very impressed w/ Will Ferrel until I saw Anchorman. That really turned me on to his talents. I understand everyone cant all like the same things but I do agree about old SNL being funnier than the crap on now. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler (please check out her work on Upright Citizens Brigade) were the last truly funny recent cast members. It seems that the "best" (IMO) people get pushed to the side - Horatio Sanz, Keenan Thompson & Darrell Hammond are very funny outside of SNL's confines.
I grew up on the late 80's early 90's SNL cast - Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Mike Myers, Al Franken, Kevin Nealon, Victoria Jackson. Sandler and Farley were just starting and it was still pretty funny compared to what they air now.
Nobody can touch Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Jim Belushi era though.

Here are a few classic Ferrell skits:
Celebrity Jeopardy:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/12203/sat...brity-jeopardy---stewart-reynolds-and-connery
Wake Up and Smile (broken teleprompter):
http://bcmoney-mobiletv.com/view/371/will-ferrell-wake-up-and-smile/
Mr Tarkanian:
http://bugehoobs.com/entertainment/best_will_farrell_characters/795

i know a few folks that HATE mr. ferrell, too. he seems to be extremely hot or cold depending on your sense of humor.

i find him particularly hilarious in talladega nights, anchorman, old school, elf... etc. so yeah... i like...

elbarto1 said:
Ziz said:

I understand everyone cant all like the same things but I do agree about old SNL being funnier than the crap on now.

There was a stretch where it was a running joke among fans that the show hadn't been funny in years. Then comes 9/11. Two weeks later, Sept. 29th, Mayor Giuliani makes a very eloquent speech at the opening of the show stating that New York is open for business and SNL, being one of NY's great institutions, should go on.

Lorne Michaels: "Can we be funny?" :roll:
Rudy Giuliani: "Why start now?" ;)

Back
Top Bottom