• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

District 9

Ghostcut said:
I found the short this was based on.

[youtube:3mi3xclc]
Sweet. Thanks Ghostcut, I was just gonna ask if anyone knew where to find this. gj

great film, just saw it tonight and was very entertained. amazing what can be accomplished when creative talented minds arent shackled by the hollywood meat grinder.

odd though the crowd was packed with the types I'd expect to see in GI Joe or Transformers, and many many people got up and left throughout the film. I guess the marketing campaign was a little too successful ;)

anyway, great film, highly recommended but not for those that are sensitive to language and violence as theres no short supply here :twisted: 8/10

ABSOLUTELY GODDAMN FANTASTIC.

Saw District 9 a second time tonight. It really is the best sci-fi I've seen in a long time. Makes me happy to hear the "District 10" rumors.......

much as i'd love a sequel do we really need it? when i saw the last shot of the movie i was screaming out for another movie to find out what happens...

but the more i think about it, the more im not sure a sequel would work that well. maybe i need to watch it again but i think leaving the ending unknown, at the moment, is the best way.

i mean (absolutely colossal spoiler do not read if you havent seen the movie yet)

[spoiler:btm3m7u9]other than Christopher coming back and keeping his promise to Wikus[/spoiler:btm3m7u9] what can they do with the story that they havent already covered in the first movie.

I agree completely. Most of film's mishaps are because of a desire to see what happens next and inevitably it is botched.
I don't even think they should do another Batman film. (did you hear the rumour of casting megan Fox as Catwoman? sheesh!)
Will a sequel happen? you betcha! there's money in them there films! Yeehaaaa.

The trailers made it seem like some sort of ID4/Aliens crossover, so when I happily found it was absolutely nothing like that, I was pleasantly surprised.

I wondered whether I'd ever seen anything like it before..and I think not. It was a bit like when I saw Black Hawk Down, the intensity of it left me shaking.

Now whilst the plot is pretty straighforward - it's the execution that just wins hands down. Of course, you can't help but draw parallels with any persecuted, refugees on the planet and let's be fair, that's exactly how we'd treat them.

I agree with whoever said it was like Alien Nation : Serious Edition!

killbillme said:
did you hear the rumour of casting megan Fox as Catwoman? sheesh!

That's already been debunked, as should all casting rumors for a while, as there isn't even a script yet. Can't cast people when no one, not even the director and writer, know if that person will be available, or even needed in the first place. Casting rumors are just one of the many ways the Hollywood tabloid machine keeps their pumps primed.

i can understand his backlash against certain viewers thinking this is a truly original movie but his critique of the movie itself fails on every level.

I went to see this film with a friend, and MAN was it good. It certainly confounded her expectations, I think she thought I was only going to take her to see some mindless action movie.

It's not perfect. A few gripes I have with this film was its lack of closure (it's pretty obvious that it's only about half the story), and that MNU is a daft name.

What makes its lack of closure so frustrating for me is that I don't feel that it's the kind of film that can ever have a sequel. Almost like The Matrix, absolutely great film, but nothing else can quite stand on its level.

It is true ! Great movie and best aspect of it is how point of view changes depend on who you are. I hope that this problem will be more developed in Avatar 'cos idea of changing into enemy is very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom