• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Coraline

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few months ago while I was visiting Germany, Heinrich introduced my to this lovely little book. It was a great read while I was traveling across the country to Berlin.

Last night I watched the movie, and overall I enjoyed it. The music was nice, and some of the visuals were great. It was a cool little fantasy film. Some of the artistic deviations from the book were a little odd to me, as I didn't really see how it could be a theatrical improvement from the way it was portrayed in the novel, however I still enjoyed it.

Here is one small quibble I had with the change in ending for the film SPOILERS!

[spoiler:248400x2]The end of the witch and the capture of her evil hand in the well is no longer the result of Coralin's cleverness. Now she is saved by the character Wybie (which I believe was not in the book at all). While it works in the film, I feel it really takes a lot from Coraline's character, which was such a strong clever little girl.[/spoiler:248400x2]

I'd love to do a little fanedit that addresses the ending mostly, but I feel it isnt possible with the source material. pity. Though its still an enjoyable little movie. If you liked the book, or are a fan of fantasy movies, I suggest giving this one a go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327597/
http://www.coraline.com/

oh, and thanks again Heinrich for introducing me to this author and cool book!! ;)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i was looking forword to this being a massive fan of Neil Gaiman but i gotta say i got a bit bored after the first 20 mins or so. think i'll read the book and then give this another go.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, it wasnt as dark as i think it could have been. the movie was very much made for a wide kid audience. with that in mind, i still enjoyed it.

Top Bottom