• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Editing outside of Fanedit.org

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This may be in the wrong topic and if so mods feel free to move it, however I just want to know, does anyone use editing for anything outside of this site?

If one of you make a sarcastic joke about editing on Original Trilogy I will get Mr Frink to come at you!

Recently I've started doing course work for my GCSE's and I had to make a short film for it.
Because I am so into everything with that class and I'm probably the most keen and concentrated in there I finished it a day later. It is nowhere near good but for a quick idea being done in only like 3 hours I don't think it's too bad.

We had a choice between making Horror, SciFi, Crime or a Musical. I went with horror but not just a basic one, I tried to do a Shaun of The Dead type fiasco where I took the mick out of other horror movies.

WARNING: NSFW

Pretty much A* Quality shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only other thing I edit is videos of the kids. Since learning this skill, I no longer worry about capturing bad video (or audio) in the moment. I just edit it afterwards.

lapis molari said:
Only other thing I edit is videos of the kids. Since learning this skill, I no longer worry about capturing bad video (or audio) in the moment. I just edit it afterwards.

I do this too, only not with my kids, with my teenage friends :).

Don’t worry I’m 14, no weird things going on :)

I work in video and photo production for a company. I shoot and edit most of the internal training videos as well as videos for external promotion.

I recently started taking a video production class, so I've been doing some editing for that. Also, there's been a couple times where I've taken multi part things from YouTube and edited them into one thing just for my own viewing convenience, but that's not really super involved. I've made a few short form YouTube videos as well, but nothing worth noting.

I do a fair bit of audio editing, mostly personal projects. I also do some video and audio editing for my band. We filmed two music videos recently. We've paid for the director to edit one and I'll be editing the other.

@"It'sOnRandom" Great topic: Is film studies an actual lesson these days....wow - i wanna go back to school, nothing like that back in the 80's. Keep up the good work....when you are a famous director/producer please remember us lot oh here  :)

Other than the missus moaning at me to put together our wedding video from 9 years ago...i like to make music videos. I will eventually put a couple together for our band we had in the 90's :)

Here is something i put together last year for the Darren Hayman & the Secondary Modern.

Last Impressions said:
@"It'sOnRandom" Great topic: Is film studies an actual lesson these days....wow - i wanna go back to school, nothing like that back in the 80's. Keep up the good work....when you are a famous director/producer please remember us lot oh here  :)

Yes it is, I was shocked and very happy when I found out too, Its really always stereotyped as a free lesson (easy lesson for people to bunk off and do nothing) which kinda ruins the magic for me as I do seriously try in that area.

I use my video editor for some audio editing sometimes. I use it to edit a new podcast that I've started.

I'm also slowly fan-editing the TV series W.I.T.C.H. into a series of 8 films. These are just for my own viewing and feature hard audio cuts and a general lack of finesse.

I just do personal projects. A very little bit of typical family home video, but more editing down & merging telemetry for track day videos, and processing performance videos I do for local dance showcases--though both of those have been on hiatus for a year or so.

Started doing a Film & TV course at college and was given the task to make a scene recreation of our favourite piece of media.

Shot and edited by me. Ignore the poor colour correction, this was fixed at a later time.

Yes, fanediting is just a small part of all editing that I am doing.

Like this:

also, vacation, holidays, weddings, baptisms, all such things.

I made at least 20 short films back in 1998 when I was in college. I would have made more, but we had to book out the svideo cameras and had to book the editing suites. I really wish I still had all my videotapes. Not sure what happened to them tbh.
The oldest videos I have are from my animation degree, 2008. This one was a mock-up for a video game.

I've done plenty of editing outside the fanedit community, mostly freelance. Here is a project that I shot for my master's program during the pandemic:

These music videos are entirely designed with AI + Resolve including the audio.

Back
Top Bottom