• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Midnight Meat Train [2008]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, that was refreshing! while the film wasnt high art, it was nice to see a hard edged horror/gore film that had a great ending in this day and age.
not much to say other than if you liked 70's/80's horror, lots of gratuitous film violence and are a fan of clive barker's supernatural twists/angles you'll probably enjoy this terribly titled film.

well worth a rent - 7/10

To be brutally honest when I first saw these things:

cheesy name: midnight meat train

and Clive Barker's name attached

it brings me to a Stephen King film. When I see his name on a movie it usually means "just avoid"

However, this was playing on fearnet a few months back. Like yourself I was surprised on just how nicely this was made and it worked well despite the fact of the viewer being able to kind of call the film. I have no idea if fearnet was showing an unrated version, but if blood is your thing, there was plenty of it.

one of the more recent horror films I do recommend

I was totally sold by ted raimi's scene :twisted:

funny how very different people watch movies and like / dislike them... :)
For me this was another truly bad horror movie that got worse and worse the longer it took. While quite interesting in the beginning the story turned out to be totally over the top and unbelievable... not scary, just gory and IMO pretty dumb. But of course I have full tolerance for anyone liking it.

the fact Clive Barker's name is attached to it should warn you off... his name, like Tom Clancy's, is a synonym for shovelware.

i remember the days when Clive Barkers name meant something :( i had high hopes (probably a bad idea) for MMT but for me it didnt deliver at all. im not holding my breath for the HR remake either.

see, thats probably why our view of the movie differs - I expected a shit sandwich and was actually impressed that it was better than expected, and while many may not care - it was nice to see R rated gore instead of PG-13 offscreen cutaway violence.

However, if I watched this expecting a good movie I'd be very let down though.

I saw the unrated version, and I was shocked by how gory it was. I thought it was good, but they didn't explain the [spoiler:6fytrik4]creatures at the end[/spoiler:6fytrik4] as well as the book did, which would put some people off. I really did like the additions that were made to pad the story out from the short story. Also, I loved taht they cast Vinnie Jones. He was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom