If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

DC Announce Batman '89 and Superman '78 Titles
The wait is finally over, as DC have finally approved Batman '89 and Superman '78, comic book continuations of the Micheal Keaton and Christopher Reeves movies. Batman '89 will be written by Sam Hamm, who wrote the first two Tim Burton movies as well as the story "Blind Justice", and will be a direct sequel to Returns featuring Selina and Billy Dee Williams' Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Superman '78 will be written by Robert Venditti and will be set between Superman The Movie and Superman II.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-89-sup...er-reeeve/
[+] 4 users Like Zarius's post
I'm mildly interested in Batman '89. Couldn't care less about Superman '78 (I hate the Donnerverse).
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
(02-20-2021, 08:49 PM)Duragizer Wrote: I'm mildly interested in Batman '89. Couldn't care less about Superman '78 (I hate the Donnerverse).

I'm not really interested in Superman '78 either, not because I hate the Donnerverse, but because it's set between Superman I and II, I'd rather have another sequel that directly follows on from it and retcons Superman III/IV and Superman Returns.
(02-21-2021, 04:35 AM)Zarius Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 08:49 PM)Duragizer Wrote: I'm mildly interested in Batman '89. Couldn't care less about Superman '78 (I hate the Donnerverse).

I'm not really interested in Superman '78 either, not because I hate the Donnerverse, but because it's set between Superman I and II, I'd rather have another sequel that directly follows on from it and retcons Superman III/IV and Superman Returns.

I'm more interested in Superman '78 personally haha but I think the reason they did that is because they didn't want to retcon either Superman III/IV or Returns/Crisis. Too many alternate sequels lmao!
[+] 1 user Likes Masirimso17's post
(02-16-2021, 05:17 PM)Zarius Wrote: The wait is finally over, as DC have finally approved Batman '89 and Superman '78, comic book continuations of the Micheal Keaton and Christopher Reeves movies. Batman '89 will be written by Sam Hamm, who wrote the first two Tim Burton movies as well as the story "Blind Justice", and will be a direct sequel to Returns featuring Selina and Billy Dee Williams' Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Thanks for sharing! I am definitely looking forward to the Batman continuation.
[+] 1 user Likes hothstation's post