If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

FE.org 4.5
What has somehow become tradition, every five years or so we take a look at FE.org to see how it can be improved. If you recall a few weeks ago we posted a survey to get feedback on the site, things you like and don't like, and have been working hard to streamline the site. Most of the things are under the hood that will simplify things at an administrative level, however there are a few things that will be more noticeable we thought we'd highlight.

Right now we use two instances of Wordpress: one for fanedit.org and one for IFDB. The fanedit.org instance is being retired and rolled into the IFDB instance. Any time a user tries to access fanedit.org they will now be redirected to ifdb.fanedit.org. This will make administrating Wordpress easier.

Several users requested a way to track (own/want) fanedits on IFDB. Users will now be able to create personal lists of fanedits.

For those that want to chat there will be tighter integration with Discord. You won't have to request access anymore: anyone with an account on FE.org will be able to access the Discord chat server.

The biggest change is new forum software. We will be migrating from the free software we currently use (MyBB) to the commercial Xenforo, one of the premiere forum software out there.

So the look of FE.org won't be changing, and most of the mechanics will remain the same. The biggest change for you will be learning the new forum software. That said, if you use forums elsewhere then there's a good chance you've used Xenforo and the learning curve won't be so great.

We look forward to completing the migration in the coming weeks. If you have any questions let us know.
Thanks for all the awesome work! I was noticing that the IFDB page has lost some features, but this must be why!

Hoping we'll get back the "Latest Fanedits" and "Latest Reviews" tab option to the lists on the IDFB.
Personal lists are a great idea! I have all of my fanedits compiled in Plex, but it would be cool to be able to filter IFDb to show the ones I have.
(02-11-2021, 01:05 PM)Wakeupkeo Wrote: Thanks for all the awesome work! I was noticing that the IFDB page has lost some features, but this must be why!

Hoping we'll get back the "Latest Fanedits" and "Latest Reviews" tab option to the lists on the IDFB.

Yes, still tweaking style to get it matched and working right. It will be fixed soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Q2's post
(02-11-2021, 12:29 PM)Q2 Wrote: What has somehow become tradition, every five years or so we take a look at FE.org to see how it can be improved. If you recall a few weeks ago we posted a survey to get feedback on the site, things you like and don't like,

Did we get rid of that TV's Jerk yet?
[+] 3 users Like TVs Frink's post
(02-11-2021, 01:22 PM)TVs Frink Wrote: Did we get rid of that TV's Jerk yet?

[Image: 0qHkkoJ.gif]
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: Lord of The Zep ~ The Thing From 1951
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
[+] 3 users Like The Scribbling Man's post
Awesome news... great work as usual and massive thanks to all the people involved who keep this wonderful site running and progressing Smile
Completed
Last Survivor Completed Edits
Currently Editing
Moonraker - The LS Cut

[+] 6 users Like LastSurvivor's post