• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Derelict:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Derelict:

As a massive fan of the original and iconic series starter Alien, and the less thrilling but still enjoyable Prometheus, I was very excited to see how JobWillins could interweave the two stories.... Exceptionally well apparently. I love the fact that this edit is in black and white, while it was done out of necessities sake I think it adds a unique visual style to the scifi genre, which is usually bursting with colour or dreadfully dreary. The interwoven narrative, cutting back and forth between the Nostromos and Prometheus missions works flawlessly... Because the story cuts back and forth, we see the parrallels between the two missions and the characters that inhabit them. The subtle cuts and tweaks to Prometheus like, for instance, the reduction in showing the deaths in favour of implying them, works in the films favour. This is one of the truest Alien concepts I've ever had the pleasure of watching, it stays faithful to the lore and it brings out the finest qualities in Prometheus whilst also making it a truer Alien film as well.

Thank you so much for this amazing edit.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/derelict/discussions/11552/

Top Bottom