• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Surrogates

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oohhh that looks like fun, although the rug is terrible.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the rug? you mean his haircut? lol....that was my first thought after viewing trailer. terrible indeed. :lol:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
after a dry spell, its nice to see that sci-fi is back this year.
this looks like it could be great but I never read (nor heard of) the GN on which it is based.
I do love me some BW though!

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
probably but not necessary. my guess is main story goes after helicopter crash when BW is only person in city unplugged.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
voodl said:
probably but not necessary. my guess is main story goes after helicopter crash when BW is only person in city unplugged.
thank you for giving away even more! :p

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
voodl said:
No guess necessary. The trailer specifically shows that being the case. The whole point of it seems to be how hard it will be for him to solve the problem when he's the only fragile little human in town. (Except for Ving. The beggars would all be regular folk, presumably.)

It looks quite interesting, but man...it's gonna be hard watching Bruce with that CG-smoothing on his mug. :) I don't think that effect is anywhere near as convincing as they think it is. Thankfully that seems to be only for a while 'til he loses his surrogate.

And how come the trailer doesn't say, "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF TERMINATOR 3"? ;)

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes but Im talking even about theatre cut. Personally I prefer humorous over the top action movie (for example True Lies) than pompous (The Rock) and T3 was funny.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It tried to be funny, I'll give you that much. ;)

But I'm afraid we've skewed the topic a tad. Veering threads make plastic-Willis cry. :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T3%2Bttth.JPG

Tahlk to Da hand!

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It tried to be funny, I'll give you that much. ;)

maybe you are right. "Tried to be funny" is more appropriate term...anyway T3 is underrated imo. I really like it.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great idea, bad execution. schematict story and terrible ending. Pity.

5/10

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Most predictable film I've seen all year. I guessed all the twists and ending to the detail. In other words, shit.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very lame film. other than the first 2 minutes (opening credits) it was lousy. felt like I Robot 2.

Mostow gets worse with every film. I liked U571 (despite its historical liberties), T3 was meh, this was crap.

poor Bruce Willis/James Cromwell, why are you guys here?

Radha Mitchell's surrogate was nice to look at though ;)

Top Bottom