• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Angels & Demons (2009)

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well...Im not a fan of Dan Brown and I read only synopsis for A&D. This is going to be really fun movie! I mean act of terrorism with anti-matter??? ...come on. This guy offences me... is this movie for Paris Hilton? :lol:

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw the movie yesterday. Although the only thing you see Tom Hanks doing is running from church to church, I actually enjoyed the movie. I haven't read the novel, I just checked wiki on it and seemingly the movie has stuff changed from the book... in a positive way if you ask me. The movie was enjoyable, better then DaVinci Code in various aspects... storywise, pacing, plot twists. Ewan McGregor did a wonderful job with acting. There was no chemie between Tom Hanks and his femalecounterpart, she was actually quite boring imo. However, the movie itself did entertain me.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
There was no chemie between Tom Hanks and his femalecounterpart, she was actually quite boring imo. However, the movie itself did entertain me.

There wasn't in TDC either. A&D was a moderately better book that its successor - so hopefully.....

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well there wasnt really supposed to be anything more than a superficial chemistry between Langdon and Sophie. but in A&D (the book) Langdon and Vittoria both have a LOT of chemistry.

even though it was much better than DvC i cant really muster up that much excitement for the movie and will probably catch it on dvd.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Caught this a few days ago and LOVED it. It may not be a devastating satire like TDVC, or even a satire at all, but as a straight-up thriller I thought it was more entertaining than most Bond movies. The history was very cool, even if it was pure fiction, and I have no idea why the villain acted the way he did, but I really don't care. The locations and sets were absolutely spectacular and 100% convincing (especially St. Peter's Square). A solid B+, and I look forward to future Hanks/Langdom films. :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read neither book but I enjoyed DvC more than A&D.
I liked the "histories mysteries" aspects of DvC that were downplayed in A&D.
...that and Audrey Tautou blows my skirt up.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Compared to the book A&D the movie is very shallow, a lot of the interesting history was skimmed over and it was turned into almost a pure action movie.

The Faceless One

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me:

Books: A&D better than DvC
Movies: DvC better than A&D

A&D was a horrible adaptation which changed endless amounts of little details for no good reason, DvC may not have been a great film but I thought it was a reasonable adaptaion remaining fairly close to the book (except for a few changes near the end).

Also the A&D film didn't have any of the historical flashback scenes that were in DvC (scenes of the Knights Templar relocating the grail relics etc.) and there were several places where I thought they would help give better context to events).

Top Bottom