• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

I Heard You Paint Houses - A Miniseries Edit of "The Irishman"

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tagline: Time changes nothing.

Synopsis: A straightforward edit that does no more than cut up The Irishman at key places, transforming it into a 4-part miniseries.

Intention: There's no denying that The Irishman is a long film. While I'm of the opinion that watching it all in one sitting is the ideal viewing experience, it's easy to recognize that not everyone has the time, or attention span, to do that. Cutting The Irishman into a well-timed, four-part miniseries, however, allows for the film to be enjoyed in perhaps the second most optimal method. My edit, I Heard You Paint Houses, aims to do just that.

Changelog (spoilers):
Disclaimer: This is a very uncreative endeavor. All I did was find the places to cut beginnings/endings, and do some minor technical stuff to make it 'flow'.
  • Episode I - "I Heard You Paint Houses"
    • 0:00:00 - Custom intro sequence
    • 0:00:15 - The Irishmanbegins
      • Starts at beginning of film
      • Ends after Hoffa phone call
        • "Thought I was talking to General Patton."
      • 0:00:46-0:49:34 from source
    • 0:48:58 - Outro sequence
  • Episode II - "Hoffa"
    • 0:00:12 - The Irishmancontinues
      • Starts after Hoffa phone call
        • "You know, Frank, the only reason why you're here..."
      • Ends after gunshot to Colombo is heard
        • "Right then, you knew it was all gonna fall apart."
      • 0:49:35-1:39:35 from source
    • 0:02:04 - Episode title card
      • "HOFFA"
    • 0:50:11 - Outro sequence
  • Episode III - "What Kind of Fish?"
    • 0:00:16 - The Irishmancontinues
      • Starts in bar, after Colombo is shot
        • "I can't believe that crazy bastard..."
      • Ends after Frank shoots Jimmy
      • 1:39:36-2:48:12 from source
    • 0:02:02 - Episode title cards
      • "WHAT KIND"/"OF FISH"
    • 1:08:51 - Outro sequence
  • Episode IV - "It's What It Is"
    • 0:00:12 - The Irishman continues
      • Starts with plane, after Hoffa is shot
      • Ends at conclusion of film
      • 2:48:12-3:19:35 from source
    • 0:31:32 - Outro sequence
Thanks to shows like The Mandalorian, a variable episode length is now something we have to work with!

Special Thanks: @Dunerfors on Twitter, who formalized the concept last year, and provided timestamps for an 'impromptu cut'.

Please PM me if you'd like a link. And, since The Irishman is only available on the 'boutique' Criterion, please attach any proof of purchase/ownership to ensure OTS rules are enforced.

Last edited:

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So it appears I deleted this edit from all my drives and devices... if anyone still has it on their end, could you please drop me a line? Thank you!

Edit: Resolved! Thanks to @ThomsThinema for helping me out with recovering these (i.e. re-uploading all the files for me from his hard drive). Incredible help.

Anyone who wants the edit can of course now send me a message for it, and I will be able to provide a link this time...

Last edited:
Top Bottom