• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys - The Maze of the Minotaur Unclipped

GelflingHand

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Clip shows are inherently abominations, but Hercules in the Maze of the Minotaur is a particularly egregious example - it's only the fifth episode in the series! And it's not just a framing device for clips, they get in the way of a full episode's worth of story.

I've edited it from 90 mins down to 60 mins, converting it from movie five to season one episode zero. Most of the reduction is removal of clips from the first four movies, and the rest is basically intros to the clips. It could be cut down further to a standard 44 minutes without losing anything vital, but unless someone is crying out for it, I'm not feeling motivated; I think it works as an extended season opener.

I've added the season one title sequence and closing music, and rearranged some scenes. The first couple of farm scenes are moved to the start, before the title sequence. The movie's opening scene goes immediately after the title sequence, so the on-screen credits are in the right place, and it breaks up the farm scenes. A scene where the Minotaur talks about mind control is moved till later, since its original placement it implies he's controlling the villagers which is not the case and doesn't appear to be an intentional red herring.

If anyone would care to take a look before I submit it to the IFDB, let me know. In the meantime, I still need to put together some cover art.

I'm currently watching Hercules for the first time - I was a big fan of Xena back in the day, but never saw the parent show. It might not be great art, but it's good cheesy 90s fun :)

GelflingHand said:
Zarius - your mailbox is full!

Whoops, sorry about that. Some of it's cleared now, feel free to drop a line :)

Just about ready to submit now!
Hecules-Cover-small.png

Hercules-Disc-small.png

Splendid cover there mate :cool:

Edit released and review given, thankyou for a worthy journey @"GelflingHand"  :)

Back
Top Bottom