If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Possible Password Hack?
Hey all. My passwords for the forums here and for IFDB got flagged as "compromised" by my computer today. I changed the login and now they appear good. It was literally just these two sites, so I don't know if someone was trying to harvest data from these sites or what, but I thought I'd throw it out there that you may want to change your passwords, especially if they're ones you use for other sites as well.
Webmaster for www.nottheacademy.com, Movie Articles, Lists, and Reviews...Come join us!
[+] 1 user Likes mnkykungfu's post
That depends on how they were flagged e.g. the Chrome update that added this just checked whether the username & password combination existed in a dataset similar to the haveibeenpwned.com one, but was not site-specific - presumably to warn you that you're at risk from account takeover attacks that use those datasets as a source.
If they were the same password chrome would have flagged them as being similar. There are varying differences in the type of compromise (similar, same, data breach, etc.)