• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

BD Authoring

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys! As I'm nearing the finish line for Kuzuri, I'm starting to consider the idea of putting the final product (and other fanedits) on disc for personal enjoyment in my new home theatre system. Now, the biggest question I need answered for me to be able to do so is what programs are there out in the wild that I can use for BD authoring with capabilities for decent menus?

I've checked different threads here on the forum and saw options for DVD authoring but nothing for specifically for BD. I would be eternally grateful if any number of you would be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Magix Dvd Architect is what I have. It isn't anything fancy, but you can create custom menus and buttons for navigation. The only downside I have experience with it is a lack of ability to export a BD with 5.1 audio. It down mixes to stereo. If that's not a problem for your edit(s) it's a good program.

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm, pretty sure I used the same one (It's the same as Vegas DVD architect, right?) but I exported my stuff in formats that the program didn't have to re-encode. Blu ray h.264 and .ac3 files, as I remember. Maybe that's why it didn't downmix to stereo for me.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Magix Dvd Architect is what I have. It isn't anything fancy, but you can create custom menus and buttons for navigation. The only downside I have experience with it is a lack of ability to export a BD with 5.1 audio. It down mixes to stereo. If that's not a problem for your edit(s) it's a good program.

I think it defaults to Stereo in the settings but if you go into the settings it should do 5.1. Just dropping a 5.1 mix into the project won't work if you're already working in a stereo project:- Project Properties/Audio Defaults/Audio Formats/AC-3 5.1 Surround

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll have to mess with it again. I have up on it when RotR's discs wouldn't work right.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did the same as Siliconmaster for my Mars  edit bluray..imported h.264 and .ac3 5.1 into DVD architect. it worked a teat

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm... it looks like DVD Architect will be the way to go. Thanks, gents. I appreciate it  :D

Top Bottom