• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Down Them All

Type12point

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm seriously fed up with trying to get Down Them All to work. I'm using Firefox on Leopard. I've read the tutorials, phutzed with the preferences and filters and still can't get it to read multiple links. All it says is that it doesn't see any links.

Then, even if I copy and paste each link into the Manager, all it does it download the stupid html that the .rar is located AT, rather than the .rar itself.

Anybody know of any OTHER batch download managers on the Mac. There's nothing currently on Version Tracker. Or, if the way I'm describing this to you suggests where I'm goofing up, I'd love to know.

Aha! Will try. Looks promising.

Thanks, JMB.

I have installed JDownloader but as yet have been unable to make it work. Multiple down/uploading still seems to be an issue with Mac.

http://jdownloader.org/

Actually, JMB's little plug-in has already cleared up much of the mystery.

Type12point said:
Actually, JMB's little plug-in has already cleared up much of the mystery.
If it works out for you, would you mind writing a guide for the rest of us mac users? :)

First off, as the guy who's always having to have REALLY obvious stuff pointed out to him on these boards, particularly by Boon, I shouldn't be writing ANY guides.

Second, as it turns out, JMB's suggested plug-in only solves my Problem 1: Firefox not seeing text-links as links.

Problem #2, dealing with batch downloads in DTA -- it's still downloading the link LOCATIONS and not the actual RARs, and it's still driving me nuts.

Oh well, at least this way I can grab some 700MB avis--7 links--without copying and pasting.

"Type12point" anyone can put guides here it shouldnt allways be up to boon or any other admin/mod to writes guides here.

No, but basic computer literacy should be a prerequisite. I'm more of a descendant of one of those monkeys who accidentally typed out "Tale Of Two Cities" by accident. Cause I still ain't got it licked.

"It was the best of times it was the blurst of times! Stupid monkey!"

Back
Top Bottom