• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Yorktown: A Time To Heal

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A fanfilm that's taken 30 years to see the light of day, features George Takei, who filmed it in between Star Treks III and IV! :exclamation:

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the fact that this is a 35 year old project adds to it - it's an era before the fan film boom, plus the lost chapter of Mr Sulu!

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched it, this fan film is bonkers. 50% Super 8 film, 50% HDR footage, all audio is out of sync with the video (probably dubbed?), and all space shots are clearly CGI. Congrats to them for finally completing the film after all this time, but honestly it's one of the worst fan films I've ever seen.

AlphaPrime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was VERY impressed by this fan film. I read about Yorktown way back in the 80s. Never thought I'd see it finished. The film grain added to the new live-action footage worked well for me. The VFX were certainly better than anything we would have seen in an 80s fan-film, but the fact that they added 8mm film grain to it helped it gel well with the rest of the film. My only complaint is I wish Sulu was in it more, but I was very happy with what I saw.

The other thing that really stands out to me is I was never bored watching it. The pacing throughout the film was fantastic. It was a very tight 25 minutes. I find I often get bored watching fan films because scenes drag on too long in most, but that was not an issue with this one.

This is a time capsule of a film. Well worth the wait!

Top Bottom