• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Criterion Channel

MovieFreakedMind

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone. I'm not sure where to ask this question, but since there's no thread for the Criterion Channel I figured it would be fine to make a general purpose Criterion Channel thread. 

Anyways, I know this is a long shot, but does anybody familiar with the Criterion streaming service know when exactly the films that are available until the end of the month actually leave? What I mean is, do the films that are "Leaving August 31" get removed from the service on August 31, or are they available through August 31 and then disappear when the clock strikes midnight on September 1?

In particular, I want to watch two films before they leave but need to know if I should plan on tomorrow, which isn't exactly convenient, or if I can safely watch them on Monday.

MovieFreakedMind

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you!

I assume that they probably do go through the 31st, mainly because whole months tend to be standard units for these types of licensing deals and I can't imagine an agreement that demands the rights expire mid-month. But I also don't know where else to watch those last two Tarkovsky films in HD so I want to play it safe.

Top Bottom